What's new

My tastebuds

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I usually just drink lightly sweetened iced tea when I smoke. Seems like it works best for me. I've tried all different kinds of alcohol and it only seems to mask the flavor of the cigar. Have yet to actually try water, will try that next time though. :cbig:

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
It is deffinitely that the drink brings out the flavors in the cigar and not the other way around for me. I have found that with drinking the same drink that doesn't over power the stick makes a world of difference. I have switched up lately once in a while just to see if I can get different flavors and sensations, but I love to go back to the same drink time after time. My opinion is that you deffinitely cannot drink something too strong that overpowers the smokes, you want to have the cigar taste predominantly. I am not saying water, but something that cleanses your palete is prefered...oh yeah, try eating a few almonds once in a while while smoking, it really wipes the oils away inside your mouth and helps.
Hmmm...never heard of that. Justso happens I got some left over from Christmas. I will have to try this.
Hey...wait...Am I being punked???

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I usually just drink lightly sweetened iced tea when I smoke. Seems like it works best for me. I've tried all different kinds of alcohol and it only seems to mask the flavor of the cigar. Have yet to actually try water, will try that next time though. :cbig:
I don't care for water when I'm smoking a cigar. Taste like licking an ashtray when I swallow. Try flavored vitamin water...or a diet soda (coke or moutian dew) These are my favs with my favs.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I don't care for water when I'm smoking a cigar. Taste like licking an ashtray when I swallow. Try flavored vitamin water...or a diet soda (coke or moutian dew) These are my favs with my favs.
"Smoke what you like and like what you smoke" is the saying and it holds true. However, you are altering the true flavor of the cigar by drinking something other than water. So the flavors you perceive will be off as well.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
THIS is exactly what I do and agree with. I've spent way to much money trying to find all these cigars with the supposed super flavors only to come out broke and let down. Just smoke what you like and follow your own nose!
Good advice Tom, because I still cannot put a name to the taste unless it's
an obvious flavored stick such as - vanilla, cherry etc..etc..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though I can't always put a name to the taste I am getting from a cigar I do know when something tastes good. Maybe some flavors just aren't meant to be named :cbig:

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Good advice Tom, because I still cannot put a name to the taste unless it's
an obvious flavored stick such as - vanilla, cherry etc..etc..
Even though I can't always put a name to the taste I am getting from a cigar I do know when something tastes good. Maybe some flavors just aren't meant to be named :cbig:
Did either of you read what I posted above about naming tastes?? The research shows that naming flavors may not be possible in some people due to right side vs left side brain activity.