MB Roland Kentucky Straight Wheat and Kentucky Straight Rye
DSCN1441.JPG

Jim Beam Rye Pre Prohibition
DSCN1444.JPG

Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve, dipped and thumb printed by my wife
DSCN1446.JPG

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just a hint, liquor is generally cheaper at the Kentucky Krogers so you pay a bit extra for the distillery experience. They do have some distillery only stufff that's worth a few extra bucks just for its uniqueness and the tastings are a lot of fun. If you go to Wild Turkey make sure you have "Bubba" as your tour guide, ex drill sgt.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It surprised me, I tasted every bourbon in the pictures excepts the Jeffersons at a distillery. The Rickhouse Restaurant serves a decent ribeye and you can purchase a 5 bourbon flight for $25 (the better bourbons). You can normally do a tasting without a tour, check the websites, you may need to schedule ahead of time to reserve a spot. With my wife and I sharing glasses I think I tasted over 40 different bourbons.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My former intern on the ambulance (little shit started at 16, his mom brought him to his first few shifts because he didnt have his license yet), has become a good friend, is renting a room from me now, enjoys cigars, turns 21 next year. I'm pretty sure he will enjoy bourbon (but there is no way he could already since he isnt 21 ;) ). I think this would make an awesome bday present for him.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Tastings and tours are relatively inexpensive $5-10 or free. There is a real nice campsite at "My Old Kentucky Home State Park" in Bardstown. If you don't mind sleeping in a tent this can be an easy to afford experience. Another hint, check for when the Bourbon Run is scheduled. It's a 200 mile team run that make the Bourbon Tour loop. The major distilleries are meet up points and where pretty crowded with racers, teams and family members.