What's new

Name a good cigar that has chocolatey overtones, but is not sweet...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a fistful of cigars last week, and I should be keeping a journal, but I haven't. I encountered one that was not sweet, but it had a definite, yet subtle, chocolatey overtone to it... or maybe it was an undertone. At any rate, I immediately wanted another, it was that good.

I hate sweet cigars. Hate them. I have a friend who keeps offering me some dipped-in-honey tasting .50 cent stick and I keep saying thanks, handing him real cigars and throwing the ones he gave me into the trash.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Butera maduro
CAO maduro
Hemingway maduro
Sancho Panza double maduro

See a pattern here ...? :grin:

joshrich

4 strings and 9 fingers
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My palette is not very refined, but my favorite smoke is a Cohiba Black, which I think at least the first third has a nice chocolate hint to it, but isn't sweet at all.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Any decent handmade cigar is most likely not going to be sweet. Try the Torano Signature Series (maduro). Should be right up your alley.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that jumps right off the top of my head is Padron 1000 series in maduro. I'm most familiar with the 2000 mad. I get a lot of cocoa/nuts in the pre-lite aroma and a bit of that during the smoke too.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any decent handmade cigar is most likely not going to be sweet.
I wouldn't say that. I think the Ashton Heritage Puro Sol has a nice sweet taste to it. Also, Flor de Jamaica has a definite chocolate undertone to it that I found a nice change of pace. Plus one of my favorite cheap cigars has a very sweet cigar taste: FdO - it falls right before Bacarrat Sumatra.

Naturally sweet:
Ashton Heritage Puro Sol
Flor de Jamaica (chocolatey)
Flor de Oliva
Bacarrat Sumatra

All good cigars.