What's new

Nascar 2014

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well guys NASCAR 2014 is among us. I dont know how many of you are fans but I am a big fan. Daytona qualifying was today and Austin Dillion #3 is on pole. Of course that doesnt mean jack for the race. I just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think 2014 will be like and who your drivers are. My driver is Denny Hamlin. With him missing out a lot on last year due to his back injury I am hoping this year will be good for him. Other drivers I follow are Matt Kenseth and Martin Truex Jr. Anyways, cant wait for the Daytona 500!

-Josh

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
I do enjoy NASCAR. I used to make fun of it, and then I got into the fantasy NASCAR for cigars. And then I went to the Daytona 500. And That was that. I like Jimmy Johnson. Local boy. Enough said.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Not really a fan of nascar but I will watch intermittently on a Sunday if I'm parked on the couch.

Looks like I'm going to the Vegas race in March with the inlaws though, who are big Junior fans, in case anyone's going to be there...

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Are they? Maybe you can give me some advice then -- I'm looking at a couple different options. I could just buy tickets from stubhub or the track, but the only ones I'm seeing that are even close to affordable are in the turn 4 grandstand.

There's also a company that does a thing in the infield with seating/bar/barbeque service and bus transportation to and from the track. It's a bit more expensive but I'm thinking that's the way to go, for a few reasons...one, so I can drink and not have to worry about getting home afterwards, and two so that I'm not stuck in the parking lot for 3+ hours after the race waiting to exit. Here's what the package is advertising:

~ Burgers, brats and dogs cooked at your site
~ Beverages (adult and non-alcoholic)
~ Snack foods
~ Bar on site
~ RV accommodations
~ TV's for viewing the race on site
~ Plenty of seating
~ Access to prerace trailers and event section
~ Transportation with entertainment to and from track (Pick up and drop off will be from the Stratosphere north doors)

Think that would be the way to go?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The downside to nascar tickets is they are expensive! Another downside is if you arent on the front stretch it isnt that great. UNLESS you are at bristol. Infield is pretty cool especially if you get pit passes. Being in the pits during the race is epic! I went with fastnel once a few years ago and I got to meet brad keslowski. It sounds like a pretty good gig. I know las vegas is a big raceway like texas. And I will tell you man the night races are fun. Its a lot more fun in person than it is on tv.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Its a lot more fun in person than it is on tv.
Agreed. Also, spending extra money for food and beverages isnt necessary, you can bring your own in with you. Getting to and from the track is nice but we used to tailgate after the race until the parking lot emptied and traffic died down.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I love all auto racing in person. I enjoy the track in the summer. I cannot watch Nascar on TV though. Only Formula1

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I love all auto racing in person. I enjoy the track in the summer. I cannot watch Nascar on TV though. Only Formula1
I love just about all auto racing period. The only racing I dont really dig is dirt track. Just never been a big fan. Now that texas has circuit of the americas that opened last year I hope to make moto gp and v8 super cars. Formula 1 tix are still just absolutely ridiculous.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Nice start to the NASCAR season. Not a huge racing fan, but not much else is on right now. And now racing isn't either.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I had the pleasure of hanging with jimmy Johnson several times 5-6 years ago. His best friend was a coworker of mine at the time. Truly humble dude, and this was right before or right after his first title. He's a great guy, and I can't help but root for him.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I know it. There is a delay every year for something. Im just curious how long this weather is going to last.
Looks like the rain has stopped and the dryers are out.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am a fair weather fan. Although I go to the September Loudon race every year I just don't follow it on a weekly basis. I was a big fan back in the Dale / Gordon days. Once Dale died I lost a lot of interest. Jr is my favorite driver of coarse. I am not sure how I feel about Dillion taking #3 I was always wishing JR would take that number.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I agree if someone was going to take the number 3. I was hoping it would have been Dale JR.

I've been watching it for about 10yrs now. Not sure if I'm liking the rule changes that they have made over the last few years. But still continue to watch it. Hope they get the track dried out and racing resumes soon.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Unfortunately Richard Childress owns the #3 and Dale Jr drives for Hendricks and I dont think that will change. I dont know if they should have let a rookie driver take the number tho. As far as the NASCAR rules for this year I am not real sure about qualifying but I am interested to see how the knockout chase will go this year. It will be interesting to say the least I think. But I am tired of watching the 2013 500. Lets get that track dried and BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGITY LETS GO RACING BOYS!!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The inspection for the cars is ridiculous. All these rules out there. But its like all the others. NFL and so forth. It all ends up becoming a drivers battle. But then again all racing is like. Pre race inspection followed by post race inspections.