What's new

NC Date Code?

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I gather that slowly (very slowly) some NC brands are dating their boxes so I'm always on the lookout for some errant code or date on my cigar boxes. I just received a box of LGC Serie R from CI and noticed a 10DZ stamped on the bottom of the cabinet box. Could this be a date code? It doesn't match the item code for CI.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Update. CI just responded to me and as I feared, they claim it is not a date code. It's a shame. More and more, I'm hearing that people are finding that NCs are benefiting from setting for 18 months or so.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Dan, the only NC date codes that I have personally seen on a box, are the ERDM's. Even with the high end smokes, such as the Hemingways, your best bet is to write the date on the box and take it from there. Padron Anniversarios have a date tag in the box, but no markings on the boxes themselves. Dating NC's is an "iffy" proposition, at best.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Dating NC's is definitely far from science in my experience. Any updates or better ways to do it please let me know buddy! I'd appreciate it.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Pepin Garcia cigars Tatuaje et al.by El Rey de Los Habanos,are dated and La Flor Dominica by Litto Gomez

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
As far as I know, you're right. But still, I'd like to know. I've found that some of the sticks that I really didn't like right from the shelf became downright enjoyable several months down the road. Right now I just mark the box with the purchase date and work from there. Like to hold on to some for a year or two and see if it makes much of a difference. At least 6 months.