What's new

NC Partagas

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Well, I smoked a Spanish Rosado Robusto last week and it was very good...mild, but good.

There is a thread here about the Black labels...they sound good...I have yet to try one.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I personally find the regular Partagas line (yellow box) to be totally bland and lifeless. The Spanish Rosado is slightly better, but still too dull. The Serie S is actually good if you are in the mood for an ultra-mild but not lifeless smoke. The Cifuentes seasonals are probably the best of any of the non-maduro NC Partys.

Of course, the best IMHO has to be the Partagas Black. It is absolutely NOTHING like any of the other Partagas line. A totally different animal, to be sure. It's a good smoke if you like heavy/strong maduros.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Stick with the info mentioned above. Black is the way to go. I've noticed with the other varieties you get more a uninspired smoke. Not quite a Swisher sweet but almost that bad. I had all but given this brand up until i tried the black.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have found the Blacks to be very inconsistent. Or maybe it's just me. I really loved them a few years ago, but lately, they have been disappointing at best. JMO, YMMV.
It's mostly wrapper issues I think. The newer wrappers leave a sour taste in the mouth. It's almost as if they need to age for an additional year and a half.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Go Partagas black for sure. then after that go with the S series. Good Cameroon Wrap on those baby's.