What's new

NC Sampler of ultimate awesomeness!!!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Get your attention? Good.

I'm trying to put a sampler of NC sticks together for a BOTL in Europe. Apparently, they can't get a lot of NC things over there. I guess we just send them the crappier stuff! (Davidoff, Macanudo)

He's never had a padron, so that will of course be taken care of. I'd like to put together about 10 or 15 cigars, about half premium, half super. I'd like to have some puros from different countries, (DR, Hon, Nic)

I've already decided to send him some of my Favs. He's getting:

Opus X
Padron 3000
Padron Anni
Chateau Fuente SG
JdN Antano Consul

Other suggestions?

I dig on CCs as much as the next guy, but he needs the snobbery knocked out of him.:hammersma

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Davidoff = crappy? :squinteye
Overpriced, but definately one of the better made cigars in the world.

Lots of other good cigars out there to send ...

Fuente Hemingway
Oliva Serie G / Serie O
Perdomo Lot 23
Rocky Patel Vintage / Sungrown
Tatuaje
Torano Exodus

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
This may sound a little uneduacted, but I've never tried a Davidoff because of poor packaging. Looks cheap.

Otherwise:

J Fuego Corojo #1
Oliva V, G, & O
Rocky Patel Edge
These are smokes I've seen alot of of good press on lately. If he can't get them, he may appreciate the recent good press. Of course I'm new to this whole thing. IMHO

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Cabaiguan and Pepin blues/blacks! Price tag isn't high. but they're great sticks.
La Auroroas are good -- I've had the tubos and also really like the 100 Anos. And of course you have to throw in at least one Ashton VSG!!! Don't have too much experience with Graycliffs, but they might deserve a slot in the lineup.

TYLER

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Padilla Miami 8/11
Tatuaje Noella or Taino
ALec Bradley Pryme
La Aurora - 100 Anos and 1495
Cuesta Rey Centeninaro Sungrown
Camacho Diploma
Montesino Pyramid Sungrown

to list a few.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd send a bunch of maduros, which seem to be hard to get in Europe. E.g., maduro Fuente Double Chateau or Royal Salute, maduro RP Edge & Olde World Reserve, and maduro HdM Excalibur #1. For the sungrown, I'd go with the AF Cuban belicoso rather than the AF Chateau that was mentioned, personally, but hey that's just me. For higher-priced smokes, I'd grab some AF Hemingways and, preferably, Don Carlos.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Vic seems to have a point about the maduros. I think I might be the only person in the world who loves these, but the CAO Mx2 has some pretty unique flavors, if you're interested in going that route.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... I think I might be the only person in the world who loves these, but the CAO Mx2 has some pretty unique flavors, if you're interested in going that route.
I have a really weird history with MX2's. When I first tired them, I thought they were awesome. Then I had a few more and thought they were fairly lousy. My experience with them has been incredibly varied. I don't know if that's because of their quality control, my fluctuating taste, or environmental factors. Anyway, you're not the only person in the world who loves. Just sometimes you are... :wink:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I have a really weird history with MX2's. When I first tired them, I thought they were awesome. Then I had a few more and thought they were fairly lousy. My experience with them has been incredibly varied. I don't know if that's because of their quality control, my fluctuating taste, or environmental factors. Anyway, you're not the only person in the world who loves. Just sometimes you are... :wink:
CAO has some serious problems with the MX2 with draw when they firts came out. They didnt. According to our rep they reformulated and changed a few things to make them better. I had one of the first ones and thought they were pretty good. Since then have tried two or three and they were not smokeable IMO.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I completely agree with some of them:

Opus
Padron '64
Fuente Hemingway
Tatuaje Miami
La Aurora Cien Anos

I don't think anyone will argue with those 5 at all!!! I also agree that a Anejo would be sweet if you have one to throw in. You won't be able to find them in any shops, though. Here is some of the other stuff I'd throw in from my taste:

Cabaiguan
RP Vintage 92
VSG Wizard (all the rest of em are too potent for me to pull out any flavors)
CAO Black (Sheep swears by the aged ones. I'll tell you how they are Saturday)
Pepin Cuban Clasic (Black Label)

To me, those are the best big name, reasonably (under $15) priced cigars that you can get, and they cover a range of tastes.

CWS, do you really think the Cuesta Rey SG is better than the Stanford's Reserve?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
El Ray Del Mundo Robusto Larga (I like the Horduran line better than the Cuban ERdMs)
Tatuaje Noellas
Avo (I like em all except the maduros)
CAO Brazilia/Italia

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
Padilla Miami 8/11
Tatuaje Noella or Taino
ALec Bradley Pryme
La Aurora - 100 Anos and 1495
Cuesta Rey Centeninaro Sungrown
Camacho Diploma
Montesino Pyramid Sungrown

to list a few.
nice grabs chuckster!! esp. the monte sungrowns!! have a couple aged boxes myself! love the aurora, the tat, the cuesta,,, have to add to the mix: AF 858maduro, punch gran cru punchito, LFD el jocko #1! imho....

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another sleeper is the Saint Luis Rey Belicoso. Around $3-4 a stick, very tasty and highly rated (for whatever that's worth). I am usually a maduro guy, but I prefer the natural in these. A lot of people like the maduros, though.