What's new

NC's worth aging?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I will be upgrading my humidor here soon and was thinking of using the old one to age some sticks for many years (if I have the patience at least). I'm interested if there are any age worthy NC's.

I know CC's are the preferred cigars to age but, I will probably never go that route (so I say now right). Just wondering if anyone is currently aging some NC's or would have some insight on sticks worth doing it to.

Last edited:

Tobacco Giant

Conn. Broadleaf Slayer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Most tatuajes in the fuller end of the spectrum are better after some down time, dpg blues for sure, 601s, liga privadas to name a few.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Liga's are all good with a little age. The funny thing is they are good fresh but the profile changes quite a bit with about a year in the humidor. Good either way.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was thinking of doing some Undercrown Corona Viva's and La Riqueza #4's.

Mainly because they are "cheaper" yet still some of my favorites. I guess it would be good to throw a couple Opus X's in there.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Yes, La Riqueza's age very well... they are a very underrated cigar IMO. I've had some 3 yr old #4's that were outstanding.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
DPG Blues (Toro) , Tat Especials, T52s, Noellas, La Rickies( I like the 3s) I unlike most think Opus and Anejos for the most part age just ok. But I know I'm in the minority.......

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I agree with most. Any tat ages good, especially foil wrapped. As well pas littos and dions sticks. The quesada Oktoberfest o have from last year are aging wonderfully.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Like others ahve said, Tat browns, La Riqueza, DPG Blue and black labels, as well as Fuente Don Carlos line and Opus for sure. Ashton ESGs are nice too.

Oliva Serie V does well with age, as do several Torano lines, like the Noventa Series (which has been discontinued and can be had for a steal at CI - $59)

I also like Illusiones with age.

Tat reds are nice too, I've got a few different vitolas that are 4+ years and they're a greatly balanced stick with some pretty good depth to them, even after 4+ years. And the price is great too!

I've always been a fan of aged Sosa Wavells too.

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Opus are great aged. I've never aged any Padrons more than say 3 or 4 months but I would imagine they would be very good

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
My favorite to age are:
Oliva V's (Maduro and regular line)
Pepins (Le bijou, Jamie Reserva)
Any of the Tatuajes
And of course out of necessity....Viajes

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Fuente 858M and SG & Woam are stellar with all the age the better.

Padron's lower tier maduros - 1000's and Londres also get much more refined.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
nobody threw out ashon VSG yet?

EDIT: and the above ^^^ reminded me: fuente 585 rosado! never got down with them ROTT, but was given one with some age, and loved it!

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I have to agree with what everyone said. One thing to do to is if there is a cigar you like buy a box and throw it in the aging humi. Try one after 6 months see how it is then a yr and so on see how it ages.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes...there are quite a few if one takes the time to rest them but that means you have to go out and buy enough of them to see for yourself. I did this a few years ago and bought about 40 different brands and tried them over a years time. I found that around 20 brands it made at least 50% difference in the profile...for the better. Knowing what type of cigar you are partial to...i.e. complex, certain tastes like spice, pepper, chocolate, espresso, etc. Reading a lot of reviews will give you information on what is out there and then buying 5 paks can give you a sense of trying them over the span of a year.