What's new

Need a new lighter what is a good one that's not 200

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've tried fancy expensive and plenty of gas station cheapos, both with high quality butane and ronson. People think I'm nuts but this is by FAR the most reliable, cheapest, and easiest solution--and it helps that it's hella useful if you have to light a grill, campfire, etc:

https://www.amazon.com/Bernzomatic-TS8000-Intensity-Trigger-Start/dp/B0019CQL60/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1477105683&sr=8-3&keywords=Propane+torch

Replace the tank once every couple years, propane or MAPP from Home Depot. If you like get the version with the long cord and make a semi permanent installation, my buddy did that.

Takes a little bit of practice to finesse the right angle and gently light a stick, but at this point even a tiny one is no problem for me.

I'll never go back, at least when at home....

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
For those of you who use the zippo butane inserts, is there a particular one that you recommend? I found a few on Amazon, but none of them had spectacular reviews, almost as many negatives as positives.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
For those of you who use the zippo butane inserts, is there a particular one that you recommend? I found a few on Amazon, but none of them had spectacular reviews, almost as many negatives as positives.
I have the Z-Plus I think. Works great for me. Only thing that drives me nuts is the butane tank is small so if you plan on using it frequently, you'll be refilling it often. Other than that no other issues that I've had luckily on my end. (y)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My fav soft flame is the Xikar Exodus...while it's a lighter that is wind resistant ( not flame proof ) it is a great lighter and have used mine for 5 years. On the auction sites you can still get one for about $40 and it stores a lot of butane..easy to use and adjust the flame. When Im outside I just use a Ronson....total lighters in my arsenal is at least 30...must be some pyro in my blood.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quite a few, most all were freebies with cigar purchases. Two are vertigo and they work great. I did pick up one similar to this about two years ago,

http://www.lightersdirect.com/Quattro.2083/Quattro+Chrome+Satin.16202.html?osCsid=61210aae7a2bae33cca83991ae26ea03

And it's the lighter I take out with me. Punch on the bottom, triple flame. Was about 10 bucks cheaper at the b&m where I got it. No problems yet.
I just ordered this lighter thank u for the heads up its looks nice hope it last longer then my lotus lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Buy 10 Ronsons, a couple cans of fuel and you will be happy with not worrying about what $10-20 piece of shit will break on you...

This torch is in the garage and is amazing for cigars and heatshrink.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000JGCPV2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477933107&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=weller torch&dpPl=1&dpID=41JVNEvuQRL&ref=plSrch
I use basically the same thing from Home Depot. It works great and works and any elevation, took it with me to Lake Tahoe and was able to light up without a problem.

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I use basically the same thing from Home Depot. It works great and works and any elevation, took it with me to Lake Tahoe and was able to light up without a problem.
Use it all the time and is way more reliable then anything else Ive purchased. I keep meaning to buy one for my work pickup. It has yet to let me down.

Last edited: