What's new

Need Advice From the Liga Lovers

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gents

Doin a wine tasting dinner in a new city a few hours today and strolled into some cigar shop and it turned out to have an AMAZING humidor. I mean full of opus x boxes etc....

They have an entire stand of liga no.9s, t52s, uf-13s, feral pigs etc.

Here are prices for singles:

UF-13 $19

Feral Flying Pig $22

Liga No.9s $16-20 depending on size.

Never had the pigs or uf-13. These prices seem too crazy for me to jump on. correct? Or no?

Its so tempting!

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have only had one pig. It was 17.25 I usually pay about 13ish for my No.9s in belicoso and ive never had a uf 13 so I can't say anything there. But I would probably buy 1 or 2 for those prices just to give em a try.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gents

Doin a wine tasting dinner in a new city a few hours today and strolled into some cigar shop and it turned out to have an AMAZING humidor. I mean full of opus x boxes etc....

UF-13 $19

Feral Flying Pig $22

Never had the pigs or uf-13. These prices seem too crazy for me to jump on. correct? Or no?

Its so tempting!
We have a 75% tax here in NY!:argh:
Those prices are right on for our market.
Paid $19 for a No. 9 belicoso.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Gents

UF-13 $19

Feral Flying Pig $22

Its so tempting!
Holy balls brother. Haha. Check out some of the botl site sponsors. I know cigar king has a lot of liga inventory for good prices. (Although I have only pirchased in atore from them)

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Gents

UF-13 $19

Feral Flying Pig $22

Its so tempting!
Holy balls brother. Haha. Check out some of the botl site sponsors. I know cigar king has a lot of liga inventory for good prices. (Although I have only pirchased in atore from them)

On Long Island LP9's run from $16 to $25 depending on where you go! That's why I've never had one :crytears: Plan on getting one or two for my BDay in January. Probably will humi them until May when I can sit out and enjoy them.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Id grab a uf13 and a pig if you never had one. You can usually find the regular ligas online no prob but if you want to save yourself time trying to hunt down some unico serie, extra 4-5 bucks might be worth saving some time trying to find those online because they sell out quick

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gents

UF-13 $19

Feral Flying Pig $22

Its so tempting!

I've since found source as suggested that will cost me less!
Have a friend that swears by the No. 9 and have seen raves on another forum & wanted to see what all of the hype was about. So I forked over the $19 without too much fuss.
And I found a BOTL that has a vast Liga stash that bombed the hell out of me.:clap:
I now have every one except the Unico A. And so far impressed with each except the 9 (a good smooth smoke, but not wowed by it)!

BMack

Some say I'm a dreamer...
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Based on what I've seen that is on par for California pricing.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Gents

UF-13 $19

Feral Flying Pig $22

Its so tempting!

On Long Island LP9's run from $16 to $25 depending on where you go! That's why I've never had one :crytears: Plan on getting one or two for my BDay in January. Probably will humi them until May when I can sit out and enjoy them.

There's a lot of cigars that are available on LI at a much better price point that don't taste like burnt cardboard. Form Your own opinion and don't listen to the sheep.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dang, those prices are stiff. I've only had the No.9 once, I enjoyed it. I having been meaning to revisit it to form a stronger opinion. I might of a few drinks the first go around :halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Gents

UF-13 $19

Feral Flying Pig $22

Its so tempting!
Those prices seem just about right for California B&M, at least compared to the prices here in Los Angeles.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes in life you have to just throw price out the window when it is only a couple $'s if you can afford it (would assume you can since you are on a nice sounding trip). Your in a new city, your wine tasting. Spending a few extra bucks on a cigar to truly have a great / memorable trip experience should be a no brainer. Of course do not buy a bunch to take home or anything. As people mentioned you can get them cheaper if you shop around a bit. Its a bit like going to a sporting event I suppose where of course you do not want to pay $8 for a hot dog or nachos that you could get elsewhere for $3 but its so worth it if you love the whole ballpark / sporting event experience. I say go for 1 or 2 and make the trip that much sweeter!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for all the input guys. Inspector you had a good point in that I spent quite a bit of $$$ over the weekend wine tasting anyways so why not.

Ended up with 2 feral pigs, 2 t5s2, 2 no, 9s and a couple uf-13s.

Awesome weekend!

btw I was up in Paso Robles, CA and found all these wonderful gems at Boyds Tobacco.

http://boydstobaccoandelegantgifts.com/

liga.jpg

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Thanks for all the input guys. Inspector you had a good point in that I spent quite a bit of $$$ over the weekend wine tasting anyways so why not.

Awesome weekend!

btw I was up in Paso Robles, CA and found all these wonderful gems at Boyds Tobacco.

View attachment 35572
You're going to enjoy all of those cigars. Where in Socal are you from?

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Awesome weekend!

View attachment 35572
You're going to enjoy all of those cigars. Where in Socal are you from?
Yes I am! From the thousand oaks area. how about yourself?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Plus there is something to be said for buying from a good local B&M. I buy online from a few different spots but i also support my local B&M. We have crazy tax here in MN too but you have to support your local small business too!!!