What's new

Need help - Does anyone live in Boston near Charles Street? Im being ripped off

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
First Im sorry this is not pipe related -
The whole story is long - but I am being ripped off by a company call North River Outfitter in Boston. I ordered two pairs of nice Alden boots during a sale in February, and have been told they are "on order" since then. Ive been fed up for a while because I have been incredibly polite to these people - I just got so angry that I finally up and called the Adlen factory to find out the boots are in stock and ready to ship at any time!!

I am looking to pay someone with some fortitude $50/ hr to go pick up my order and forward it to me. I realize this is very very odd but I have no choice. Its too late to cancel my credit card transaction and I literally cant get an email back and the sales people block me from talking to the "internet department", and claim they have no knowledge of internet orders. Please, if anyone is willing to help me I would reward you. I dont know what else to do at this point. I wont be in Boston myself anytime soon. I think Ill also post this in another forum.
I have all documentation of the order, and early conversations with Amanda Apicelli who is the internet order person, who now refuses to take my calls or return my messages.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's been 4 months now plus a big part of it was store credit which is why I think they are trying to screw me

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Call your credit card company and dispute it, claiming fraud. You never received it and the company will have to prove they did, which they can't. It's why you have a credit card company to protect you from stores like that. Doesn't matter how long it has been the company you purchased from is playing games. Get your money back and don't take no for a answer.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Designated pipe-smoking boots, duh.
Hes right, these are my pipe boots.

Good advice here fellas, thank you to all who have responded. BBB was my next move to get them motivated. I friendly PM from a member pointed out I should contact Alden directly again, and perhaps mention the retailer I purchased from is painting them in a bad light which is essentially the case. I am waiting on a call back from a higher up at the factory so well see what happens.