What's new

Need Help: Opus X year question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, hope everyone's 2020 is going well so far.

I was able to score some Opus X Lost City sticks the other day for a good price and they arrived wrapped and with the certificate of authenticity.

The weird part that I cannot find info on and have not received any email from the Fuente website on is why the box says 2019 edition but the bands on the cigars themselves say 2017.

Is that normal or should the bands match?

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Fuente/Prometheus frequently do this with Opus X releases. I don’t think a lost city release exists from a current year crop. They are usually labeled between 2-5 years on the band from year released.

God of fire boxes/releases are the same way 2017 Aniversario release was labeled 2014 on the bands.

Lastly city I had was labeled 2016 that I picked up in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fuente/Prometheus frequently do this with Opus X releases. I don’t think a lost city release exists from a current year crop. They are usually labeled between 2-5 years on the band from year released.

God of fire boxes/releases are the same way 2017 Aniversario release was labeled 2014 on the bands.

Lastly city I had was labeled 2016 that I picked up in 2018.

Is it like, the cigar is sold as the years release, but the mark on the band is the year it was rolled? That would make sense to me.
That makes sense. I just wanted to make sure. Thank you for the response.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Is it like, the cigar is sold as the years release, but the mark on the band is the year it was rolled? That would make sense to me.
It’s either the year rolled of the year of the harvested crop.

Either way let them sit a little longer; the original release was from 2005 crop/roll and was released in 2009 (I think). I had one a few weeks ago and it was from the 2018 release 2016 crop/harvest and it was a little harsh, not like what I remembered from the 2005 label.