What's new

Need info on Partagas 150 Don Ramon

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I remember these from back in the early 90's They were part of the Partagas 150's which IMO were expensive even back then (25 per stick ish). The Don Ramons were a limited among those and like mentioned above were in individual coffins which were in a book type box. The whole 150 line which I think they took what they couldn't sell and rebanded with 160 a few years later, were very mild to mild smokes and my best recollection of these was that the wrapper was incredibly fragile. That being said, if it were me, I'd probably not smoke it and keep it as a collectable since its intact in its coffin(I've got several pre embargo smokes that I wouldn't smoke as they're beyond their time so to speak but they're cool for collections's sake). For most people today who prefer a stronger fuller smoke, you may not even taste it lol. G1

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
That being said, if it were me, I'd probably not smoke it and keep it as a collectable since its intact in its coffin(I've got several pre embargo smokes that I wouldn't smoke as they're beyond their time so to speak but they're cool for collections's sake). For most people today who prefer a stronger fuller smoke, you may not even taste it lol. G1
I completely see where you are coming from but I have smoked quite a few pre embargo cubans and clear Havana's and will say that while I agree past thier prime can still be great smokes. I enjoy the connection to the past that I seem to get and am many times surprised by just how much flavour is left from a cigar that may be as old as 90 years. I love to collect things but to keep that under control I will not keep any cigar I will not smoke. If I don't think I will ever smoke it I force myself to gift it away.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I have recently seen a couple of custom humidors come up for sale lately. The starting price was around $45 for the smallest one. The one & only I had was about 2 years ago & I'll confirm that it was very mild - I would certainly not pay $50 for one. There are still a few 160's kicking around that would be the better buy if you want to try a good mild stick - my brother loves them. To each his own!

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
From everything I've heard (have 2 150s, but haven't smoked em) the issue with the 150s has always been strength. Since the wrapper aged so long as leaf they were very light, even when a fresh roll. Now, though, the lack of oils in the wrapper has led to them getting weaker very rapidly. Everyone I know who has smoked one in the last year has said they are extremely light.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Are you talking about the Ramon's with the Colorado Wrapper or the Partagas 150 with the conneticut shade wrapper? I got a couple of the Ramon's from a buddy earlier this year and they were actually pretty good! Med in strength with a nice cedar profile. There is also oil from the wrappers on the cellophane! A total 180 degree's from the 150's!

Last edited:

thegoldenmackid

Why Can't I be a Lancero?
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just so you know...

General introduced a Cohiba at the IPCPR show with what has the same wrapper as the Partagas 150, 32 year-old Cameroon.

Past its primer, ROTT. GCC Innovation FTW.

In other news they tried to make a cigar with a wrapper that didn't have flavor, oh wait... that was the new LGC release.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I completely see where you are coming from but I have smoked quite a few pre embargo cubans and clear Havana's and will say that while I agree past thier prime can still be great smokes. I enjoy the connection to the past that I seem to get and am many times surprised by just how much flavour is left from a cigar that may be as old as 90 years. I love to collect things but to keep that under control I will not keep any cigar I will not smoke. If I don't think I will ever smoke it I force myself to gift it away.
I agree 100%, If I start to collect cigars for collection sake, I'm going to be in big trouble.