What's new

Need some Esoterica advice

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I smoke aromatics. I got lucky recently and was able to buy 2 bags of Pembroke and a bag of Tilbury and Dorchester as well. I know how hard these are to find so when I saw my local had them I snatched them up for my cellar. I was wondering if you guys think I might enjoy them? Is one blend maybe sweeter compared to the others?

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Pembroke is Margate with a sweet cognac topping, and is almost an English-aro crossover (I say almost because the aro part is much more subtle than something like Frog Morton Cellar). It's one of my favorite blends, and probably my 2nd favorite Esoterica after Penzance.

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Dorchester has a sweet apricot kind of topping. I think it works well with the Virginias in the blend. Esoterica uses top shelf leaf and is a quality product. I think you will enjoy them.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
We can only suggest so much to you. In the end it has to come down to you and your palate. And don’t be embarrassed or ashamed if you come back here and say you’re not a fan. It’s ok. The smoke what you like, like what you smoke applies to piping as well.

IMHO, open them up, pack yourself a bowl or three and get smoking. Now, in the case that you might not like the tobacco as much as you thought, jar them up and put them away for a while and re-visit in a few months. Your palate might or might not change and sometimes age will do the tobacco good.

I’ve had a few blends that I didn’t really care for in the beginning but are smoking great for me now with some age on them.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I found them on a couple different visits to the same B&M. Couldn't believe my luck because I have never seen them in the shop. They said they just get random shipments and never know what it will be. I bought 1 bag of Pembroke and a week later they still had another bag on the shelf so I grabbed that one too after reading reviews. I couldn't believe no one grabbed them all right away. Figured it was best to buy some while it was available instead of hunting for them later if I wanted to try them.

Thanks for the advice and opinions. I don't go by this shop often but when I do and see more I may try to grab some extra to share with you guys that can't find them.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Read through a good handful of reviews on tobacco reviews.com for each one. I think an aromatic guy may like the Pembroke; it has some smoky boozy sweetness. Not sure tilbury or Dorchester would be up your alley but no harm in giving them a shot. esoterica is easily traded !

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I've had 2 recent bags with poor seals, one Penzance and one Margate. I would squeeze them and listen and smell the seals to see if it is compromised. Or just jar them. A bag can be crammed into a 16oz jar for long term or seperated into smaller quantities if you are going to be opening often.