What's new

Need some guidance!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am interested in placing an order. I realize there are alot of sources out there, some good/reputable some not.
I have a few in mind, but have not dealt with them. I would be happy to name these via PM to get your opinion to see if they are reputable or to see if you have had any dealings with them.
This will be my first "big" order and I really do not want to get burned. (obviously).
I am looking at svc and price as some prices seem to be all over the board?

Please PM me, and I will will list possible sources I am looking at, and welcome any advice/guidance you have. I am converting to CC slow but sure so I plan on being a "regular" customer.

Thanks in advance!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks much to the 2 brothers that answered my questions. I really appreciate the info :thumbsup: I will be placing my order shortly!

Jagstownville

Voodoo Mafia Family Inc.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
sli38 said:
I think asking for sources is not proper and giving them out is even worse. Thats just me though.
Well, we all are not perfect. Gary is a great bro! I have made this same mistake and got bitched slap over and over for it. I learned my lesson from it too. I felt like scum of the earth for doing it. We all make mistakes. I tend not to dwell on them. But, that's just me though.

gary, if you need any more help then I would be glad to help you. Just PM me.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Thing is he just wanted help on sources he already did his homework on and wasn't asking for a handout. Two totally different situations, IMO.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
cvm4 said:
Thing is he just wanted help on sources he already did his homework on and wasn't asking for a handout. Two totally different situations, IMO.
Exactly. The question wasn't "who is your source", but rather "Which of these sources are reputable". The latter is perfectly appropriate IMO.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry if I offended but saying I've got some sources and could any one please verify is just a back door way of asking for a source. Sorry for butting in but the only reason I posted at all was so that Newbs reading this post will know proper etiquette. If you think you know someone well enough to ask for a source then take it to email. With all the influx of Newbies lately and BB's popping up all over the place I see this question all the time. To me sources are very sacred. There are only so many legitimate sources out there. It's always some brother who is new to Habanos that gets a source who will give it to any one who asks. Nothing against two jacks but I noticed he has only been here for three months. That did not seem like a very long time to be asking for a source. It took me a very long time and many dozens of trades to get reliable sources and I don't think there is any thing wrong with that. I have seen internet sources dry up and even close down because of too much attention to quickly by customs. Just something to think about.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In response to sli38,
Your entitiled to your opinion, no sweat. I appreciate the support guys!!
As stated I did not and would not ask for anyone's sources. I was careful of how I worded my question. I had 2 sources in mind and just wanted any positive/negative feedback on them. I asked for no additional sources from anyone.
I have been a member on other boards for over 2 years with positive trader feedback. I know a few other brothers from other boards and and I know they can vouch for me as well. Two brothers responed to my question, many others did not and I can understand that due to the sensitivity of the matter.
Why is asking if the sources I had in mind not proper?? Would you not want to know if someone had bad dealings with a vendor you were about to do business with? I was asking for feedback, NOT anyones sources. I did the legwork and just wanted opinions. I did not ask "who do you use", who would you buy from", "if these guys suck, who is good". I appreciated the response's I got and if anyone did not respond, I totally understand.
sli38 you do not know me and you are entitiled to your opinion. As I said, I have been on at least 2 other cigar boards for 2 years, same handle, Two Jacks. Do some background checking if you want. I have had no bad/sour dealings with anyone, EVER. I believe I sent cvm4 some 65% beads(no charge) over a year or two ago off his request over at CW. My opinion is that you need to lighten up and get to know someone first before you make a decision. It does not seem like you are very active on this board either?? Email me if you would like to ask me something or question my "intentions" No sweat I am a big boy, I won't get my feelings hurt. I will be here for a long time and time will tell if I am "legit". Actions speak louder than words.
Thanks again to the other brothers support. I appreciate it. If it was bad "protocol" I apoligize. I had no bad intentions, just did not want to burned on a $500-600 purchase. I had my say and as Jags said, I will let it die.

Peace!

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
sli38 said:
Sorry if I offended but saying I've got some sources and could any one please verify is just a back door way of asking for a source. Sorry for butting in but the only reason I posted at all was so that Newbs reading this post will know proper etiquette. If you think you know someone well enough to ask for a source then take it to email. With all the influx of Newbies lately and BB's popping up all over the place I see this question all the time. To me sources are very sacred. There are only so many legitimate sources out there. It's always some brother who is new to Habanos that gets a source who will give it to any one who asks. Nothing against two jacks but I noticed he has only been here for three months. That did not seem like a very long time to be asking for a source. It took me a very long time and many dozens of trades to get reliable sources and I don't think there is any thing wrong with that. I have seen internet sources dry up and even close down because of too much attention to quickly by customs. Just something to think about.
Who is this guy??? This guy posts here like every 5 months, has a goose egg for a trader rating, and then jumps on Two Jacks like that??

Give me a break....:rifleaim:

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
fredneck said:
Who is this guy??? This guy posts here like every 5 months, has a goose egg for a trader rating, and then jumps on Two Jacks like that??

Give me a break....:rifleaim:
I was wondering the same EXACT thing!

:dunno:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What does it matter how much I post here? Every thing I said is true and I'll bet I'm not the only one who thinks so. All I said was take it to email. Ask this question on any forum and you will get the same result. I'm not questioning that twojacks is not a stand up trader or the greatest brother in the world. I don't have trader comments here because I don't trade here but I wasn't asking for a source either. To say I've got a list of vendors please tell me if their reliable is just another way of asking if they are legit in disguise, even if unintentional. I didn't mean to cause such a ruckus but at least new guys reading this thread will now know what not to do.....

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
This isn't directed at anyone...just an opinion.

Making certain cigars out to be an illicit thing makes having them wrong. I don't need to a clandestine source for cigars, nor do I want certain cigars viewed as illicit.

Cigars are not drugs there does not need to be that level of secrecy. One does need to excercise a level of discretion, but that's all that's needed.

Remember...speeding is illegal, but we still do it.
Don't bust a brothers balls because he does it too.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
indyrob said:
This isn't directed at anyone...just an opinion.

Making certain cigars out to be an illicit thing makes having them wrong. I don't need to a clandestine source for cigars, nor do I want certain cigars viewed as illicit.

Cigars are not drugs there does not need to be that level of secrecy. One does need to excercise a level of discretion, but that's all that's needed.

Remember...speeding is illegal, but we still do it.
Don't bust a brothers balls because he does it too.
I totally agree with you, but unfortunately the government does not. Speed limits are intended to protect the public. Possessing certain cigars is a crime of politics, which carries a much greater penalty than the former. If only our politicians would just put their egos aside.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to jump on anyone's case, but I agree with sli38. Personally, I wouldn't give a source to anyone unless I've 'seen' them around for a while. What others do is their choice. Asking to confirm a source is any easy way to go fishing- I'm not saying that this was done here. So, to me, asking and confirming are the same.

BTW IMO doing the legwork 'back in the day' (LOL) meant actually testing a source, not doing a google search. That's the way I did it for every source that I have.

No insult intended to anyone.