What's new

Need some guidance!

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
the nub said:
Not to jump on anyone's case, but I agree with sli38. Personally, I wouldn't give a source to anyone unless I've 'seen' them around for a while. What others do is their choice. Asking to confirm a source is any easy way to go fishing- I'm not saying that this was done here. So, to me, asking and confirming are the same.

BTW IMO doing the legwork 'back in the day' (LOL) meant actually testing a source, not doing a google search. That's the way I did it for every source that I have.

No insult intended to anyone.
awwwww shit. Here we go again.

Jagstownville

Voodoo Mafia Family Inc.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
the nub said:
Not to jump on anyone's case, but I agree with sli38. Personally, I wouldn't give a source to anyone unless I've 'seen' them around for a while. What others do is their choice. Asking to confirm a source is any easy way to go fishing- I'm not saying that this was done here. So, to me, asking and confirming are the same.

BTW IMO doing the legwork 'back in the day' (LOL) meant actually testing a source, not doing a google search. That's the way I did it for every source that I have.

No insult intended to anyone.
Well, I guess this thing isn't going to die as I had hoped for.

Nub, no insult taken here. I think the ones that have been posting on this thread would agree that there isn't a wrong or right here or at least would say that this it could be argued for now on with no resolutions. What bothers some of the brothers here (based on the PMs I got today) is that Sli has been here for about 1 year. He hasn't really been invloved with much on this board since most of these guys have been around. Not knocking him for his level of activity just his lack of thought on his original post is all. If he felt compelled enough to send a message, he SHOULD have sent the guy a PM instead of trying to bitch-slap him in public with his #38 post in a year. Just poor taste if you ask me. It is as if he decided to come out of hiding to make his slam and prove some kind of point!

I am a member of this forum for one reason and one reason only. That is it isn't filled with a ton of Aholes like most of the others. I made a decision on that a little while back that if this every got to the point that I wasn't having fun, then I would split. I enjoy this forum and feel at times I have added some nice and fun things. I have enough BS with my job, ex-wife, taxes and everything else in life that the last thing I want to do is have stress with something I enjoy. I know this board doesn't need me. I feel lucky to be a part of it. And hopefully for a long time to come.

A bunch of us know Two Jacks as a stand up guy. He has participated in my pass and is a true gentleman. The problem is is that there have been people who come to this and other forums and try digging and then just vanish. Gary (Two Jacks) has been around the boards for awhile and is a good bro. By saying that he is just 'fishing' for anything is not fair to Gary. It is an assuption. That's all. The focus on this should have died and went to the "Debate" room instead. Then is can be hashed out there. I am just sorry that it is tied to his thread.

I will get off of my soapbox now.

Thanks,
Tom-Jags

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My post was not intended to pick a side in how this was handled by sli38 nor the integrity of Two Jacks, but to voice an opinion about sources. If this goes to the debate room, I will elaborate there.

As for your reasons for being on this board Tom, I know exactly how you feel.

Lawrence

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
WOW! I certainly didn't mean to cause all this commotion. Sorry if I have offended any one. I know I don't post a lot here but I read this forum 3 or 4 times a week. Anyone who knows me from other boards knows I am not a troll or trouble maker. The reason I didn't take it to PM was so my point could be seen by other brothers who might not know not to ask for sources. We are all adults here and believe me, what I said in my original post was not that harsh, it was just my opinion and it's shared by many others. I have nothing against any one here and I know a lot of the BOTL's on this forum are some of the best. I think it's great that twojacks has a lot of friends here that came to his defence.

I apologize that my post came across harsher than it was meant and I should of worded it differently. Hopefully you will accept my apology and we can let this thread die.

Twojacks-PM me your snailer and I'll send you a nice sampler of habanos...

Scott
sli38

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
sli38 said:
WOW! I certainly didn't mean to cause all this commotion. Sorry if I have offended any one. I know I don't post a lot here but I read this forum 3 or 4 times a week. Anyone who knows me from other boards knows I am not a troll or trouble maker. The reason I didn't take it to PM was so my point could be seen by other brothers who might not know not to ask for sources. We are all adults here and believe me, what I said in my original post was not that harsh, it was just my opinion and it's shared by many others. I have nothing against any one here and I know a lot of the BOTL's on this forum are some of the best. I think it's great that twojacks has a lot of friends here that came to his defence.

I apologize that my post came across harsher than it was meant and I should of worded it differently. Hopefully you will accept my apology and we can let this thread die.

Twojacks-PM me your snailer and I'll send you a nice sampler of habanos...

Scott
sli38
Thanks Scott.

Your's is a very nice BOTL gesture :peace:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Scott,
Nice gesture, really. No need for it though. I realize you have your opinion and I fully understand the concerns and possible past experiences. I agree that "Newbs" need to be made aware of the etiquette when dealing with certain issues. I guess after 3-4 years I am still a newb too on certain things!
As Jags said, this board is full of great, NICE, Brothers of the Leaf! I felt I would get feedback and if no one responded or someone felt it was not appropiate, they could PM or email me and state their concerns, no problem. We live and learn. To just fly in and "attack" someone (seemed like it anyway) just isn't classy.
As I said, I enjoy this board much, great guys on here. I will stick around also till its no fun or over run with alot of other Aholes from other boards (hope that never happens!) No hard feelings, no problems. This might be a good learning experience for everyone?

Thanks Again for the sampler gesture, but no need. We are all brothers of the leaf and like all "brothers" there are disagreements and arguments. We move on and past them ! (sorry it sounds so corny!!)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program................................

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Sources are always a touchy subject. For those that know about them, you must use discretion in giving them out. Don't go handing them out to people you don't know.

Jagstownville

Voodoo Mafia Family Inc.
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
caudio51 said:
Sources are always a touchy subject. For those that know about them, you must use discretion in giving them out. Don't go handing them out to people you don't know.
Tom, I agree with you regarding the subject matter.

Let's kill this thread and let it die. Please.