What's new

Need some help.

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I rarely speak on this thread, however this past weekend took my wife shooting. She has fallen in love with my .22 WMR rifle, and did pretty dang well for a first time shooter. A few instructions on how to fire, and soon she was loading her own clip and plinkin off cans and putting a tight group on a target about 20 - 30 yards away. The only notes she came with from the range was that she did not like having to bolt the rifle after every shot, and she would like a pink stock. I have been searching, however can not find a full size .22 with a pink stock to purchase for her. There are many smaller childs sizes, and some that I question to be full size. Can anyone point me in the direction of a proper, full size repeater? I have found a few, but nothing full size.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
You could probably save yourself a lot of searching if you just bought a rifle that you like with a synthetic stock, and then repaint the stock.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My wife adores my Ruger Mark 3 hunter, which is full size. You can buy pink grips aftermarket - http://www.rimfiresports.com/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=RSC&Product_Code=VCTRG-3-R-P&Category_Code=VC2

If you're looking for a .22 that is exactly like a regular full size handgun, there are several companies which make them, Glock, Walther, Sig, etc. Hell, if you wanted, you can buy a 1911 then convert it to .22, Kimber makes a kit to do so, and there are TONS of pink grips available for 1911's.

I would say your best bet on the pink is to go aftermarket after you've picked out the handgun you want. If you choose Glock, you can actually paint nearly the entire pistol pink, if that's what she would like.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Not quite sure what you mean by "having to bolt the rifle after every shot", you mean it was a bolt action? or was it just an unreliable semi auto?

either way, i would just spring for a ruger 10/22 then slap this on there [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Grips-STK-RUGER-PINK/dp/B002I97U68"]Amazon.com: Hogue Grips STK RUGER 10/22 RBR PINK: Sports & Outdoors@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21w8bJKMYFL.@@AMEPARAM@@21w8bJKMYFL[/ame]

all said and done, it will only cost you about $300. not bad considering the quality you will get!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I rarely speak on this thread, however this past weekend took my wife shooting. She has fallen in love with my .22 WMR rifle, and did pretty dang well for a first time shooter. A few instructions on how to fire, and soon she was loading her own clip and plinkin off cans and putting a tight group on a target about 20 - 30 yards away. The only notes she came with from the range was that she did not like having to bolt the rifle after every shot, and she would like a pink stock. I have been searching, however can not find a full size .22 with a pink stock to purchase for her. There are many smaller childs sizes, and some that I question to be full size. Can anyone point me in the direction of a proper, full size repeater? I have found a few, but nothing full size.
Just build her a 10/22 like I did with my son...

WkndSmoker

Short Story
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks for the help everyone. After shopping around my wife really prefers the wood stock, so we are going to pick up a pink sling for it. One of the reasons I got out of shooting for so many years was, when my father passed, I lost my shooting buddy, so I am sure dad would be proud for her to have the rifle. The more we shopped pink rifles and stocks she loves this rifle, just the way it is, aside from adding a pink sling. So my wife's new gun is a Marlin model 782, .22 WRM from 1977. I am excited, and can not wait to hit the range again this weekend.

Attachments