What's new

Need some positive vibes for my son.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Very sorry to hear the news. At least you had something uplifting come out of it which you had not experienced in years.

Once the 28 day program is over continue going to NA meetings. It takes years to finish all steps and once completed its (ideally) practiced throughout ones life.

Also, sounds like your son might need some counseling. The proper dependency counselor will also have the ability to write RX’s. There is a medicine, Suboxone (buprenorphine and naloxone) which is used treat opiate addiction.

I hope it all works out.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Prayers & good vibes definitely sent!!!!!

What a blessing that he WANTS to quit! That's one of the biggest hurdles! Get him to some NA meetings asap when he gets out: its FREE & "The therapeutic value of one addict helping another is without parallel." Suggest completing a 90 & 90, if he goes, he'll find out what that is right away.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Good vibes are well on their way Strife. This is such a sad story and I am so truly sorry you are having to go through it. I wish both your son and your family the best. The good thing is he came to you for help and seemed genuine when you checked him in that he wants to clean up and get better. Tell him we all said good luck and beat the demon!

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Addiction is tough, on the individual and thier families. Thoughts and prayers for him and your family. Lot of hard work ahead but the most positive thing is he asked for the help.

I'd also recommend you attend some al-anon of some other family member support meetings as well. It will help you to understand and help him in his recovery.
This.

Sorry you are having to go through this, but like has already been said at least you are getting this opportunity. It sounds like he may finally want to really leave it behind.

When he is home he'll need a lot of support and A LOT of positive activities to keep him busy and his mind off of getting high.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Strife,

Did I understand you correct to say that you havent spoke to him in years?

JD
No, he's been living at home the whole time, when I wrote that "when he came home" I meant from his nightly escapades. I'm afraid to think what might have happened to him if he wasn't at home with us.

I really appreciate all of the good thoughts, the most difficult part of this still to come but I feel a little more focused now. I'll probably be a wreck, worried all the time, when he comes home but counseling should help us through it.

Maybe I'll take him with me when I retire in a few years, I'm thinking Nicaragua maybe?

Thanks again guys.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Maybe I'll take him with me when I retire in a few years, I'm thinking Nicaragua maybe?

Thanks again guys.
This is a great idea Strife. Things like that will help keep his mind off the addiction and keep the positive reinforcement going. Simple stuff like taking a day to go fishing, biking, pickup basketball or whatever it might be is something he will need a lot of. Quality time with family and friends is huge and I'm sure you are more then up to the task.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
You got all the positive I can muster today bud. Hope he gets the help he needs this time around and comes out the other side free and clean :thumbsup:.

Dan

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I read this earlier today at work and I prayed for you and your son. I pray that your son fully recovers and that you and your family are kept during this season of difficulties. It is great that he turned to you (at others have said).

Hang in there brother and we'll keep you lifted up before the LORD.

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Heart breaking story, Mike. Hold on to that feeling that you had when he said "I love you", but as you know, addiction to that stuff is tough. Wishing you the best with this roller coaster of emotions that you are going through, and praying that this was "rock bottom" for your son. He has a long life ahead.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I nearly lost my girlfriend and daughter to (my own) methamphetamine and xanax abuse, so I can relate. My heart goes out to you and your family. Substance abuse is a hard thing to overcome, but it is very possible, and my prayers are with you, brother.

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Mike, you bet I will be praying for all of you and especially your son. Hang in there brother and let us know if there is anything else we can do.