What's new

Need to rant and get this off my chest

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So I got back from vacation a hour ago and my nice vacation turned not so nice but I need to rant and get this off my chest, so some of you know my parents do not get along very well and have some issues. So mom and I pull in and my dog looks half dead he’s as skinny as can be and losing half his fur and looks like he got torn apart by wolves, dad comes up drunk yelling at us about what’s wrong as soon as we walk in. He killed $1,500 of coral, 4 freshwater fish, and somehow he broke my freshwater light controller because he dropped it which is bull because we drop it all the time and there’s no way the circuit board snapped in half and he threw it away which he never throws stuff away. The house is a mess and reeks of beer. He got extremely nasty when we simply asked what the hell happened. So my nice vacation turned not so nice.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As someone with a very poor relationship with my father, I would recommend you go a head and cut ties with him, with the hope to reconnect if and when he changes his ways. There is no need to let that kind of negativety in your life if you can avoid it. All it will do is bring you down and nobody needs that. My big question is how is your dog?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well mom and I have decided he must have barely feed the dog because my dog is 16yrs but acts like 5 he is still so strong and crazy for a lab and you can feel his ribs and see them which normally you can’t. My dad must have had the ac off because he’s a total cheap ass and house too hot because he’s shedding and losing fur very bad. It also wouldn’t be good for my fish and corals for the house to be that hot. About 3 years ago we came home from vacation and my dog had a abscess the size of a baseball on his mouth and my dad said oh he got stung by a bee. Vet said he dosent know how the dog lived ended up having a 1k surgery to remove it and a few teeth. He doesn’t understand I give him a strict list on how to take care of my tanks the same way I do and my tanks are top of the line automated as much as possible and he still screws stuff up. I know a lot of you guys just think I’m a spoiled rich kid but I pay for my hobbies even though I have a part time job majority of my income is selling my coral. I have shipments scheduled every week and when he kills coral like this and not pay for it it leaves me at loss and this isn’t the first time too. These corals I grow are not cheap for example he killed a $450 coral and a double branch coral that each branch is worth $250. The only thing he cares about is riding his motorcycle. I don’t even get a sorry.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't think you are a spoiled little rich kid, I think you are a kid becoming an adult and you haven't decided to complete the transition yet. Give up the comforts of your parent's home and lifestyle for self respect and independence. It's worth it.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Your dad seems like he needs a reality check. Sometimes stepping away is the best way to show someone the pain they’re causing.

As for the living situation, I moved back home for a few years after college to take care of Mom when she had a bunch of surgeries. When Dad retired and was able to take care of her better, I moved out. Used money I had saved, outside of my cigar addiction, to buy a house. Best decision I could have made. I was able to make my life happen. Make the decisions for your future, not your present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
I’m sure there’s an app like Wag for fish. Or find a friend or neighbor you trust. It’ll cost a little bit, but not $1500.

app is called Rover. I've had to put my dogs in a home to be watched b/c they're not snipped, so no kennels

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
app is called Rover. I've had to put my dogs in a home to be watched b/c they're not snipped, so no kennels
I’ve got friends that use Wag. Either way, there’s an app for that.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Because who else is gonna do it.
If you care about your shit, and can't find/hire someone reliable to do the right thing while you're away, you stay and take care of your shit. If you choose to let the guy who failed miserably to care for your living creatures last time kill your shit, again, then that is on you. You're just as responsible as he is. That's what adulthood is—at the end of the day it's up to you. You're the one who left it up to him; you knew what was gonna happen.

Altercall

Rating - 100%
121   0   0
This is why I have a cat. I can leave her for a week with a pile of food, water, and a clean litter box and when I get back she’s alive with plenty of food and she’s just as indifferent to me as she was when I left her...
Until the day when she kills you...

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Some people are best loved from afar. It sounds like you're learning some valuable "coming of age" lessons, including the value of distance and trust. Remember this moment. Don't bury it.

In the meantime, give some extra pets to your dog. He definitely needs them. I would have inflicted substantial bodily damage on anybody that had hurt my dog while she was around.