What's new

Need to vent about PS4 a little ....

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Just wanted to throw this out there if any of you guys don't have PS4 yet and plan on buying one. I did not know this before I purchased PS4. If I did, I probably would have went with Xbox One.

PS4 -

You now MUST PAY to play online with Sony ($50/yr) (PS3 Free)

Does NOT support You Tube anymore (PS3 Does)

Does NOT support USB's (as far as playing video, music, or pics from a USB) anymore (PS3 Does)

Does NOT support custom themes anymore (PS3 Does)

Just a few of the things that really pissed me off when I found out the hard way. You would assume the NEW system would support everything the OLD one does, and then some, because it has all this new wonderful technology. I think Sony dropped the ball on this one. What is the point of 500GB if I can't put some of it to use. For example storing personal pictures, and music, that you should be able to play during certain games straight from your music library. Just like you CAN with the old PS3. The PS4 does have great graphics, and its "pros", but the "cons" to me are ridiculous.

If I am wrong about any of the above stated, please inform me otherwise because its a little upsetting.

That is all

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Xbox One has all the same kind of problems. They both are pretty even this time around. I just sold my brand new unopened PS4 because I needed the money but when the time comes and more games are released I will be picking up a PS4 again.

Glad I am keeping my PS3 for now.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Xbox One has all the same kind of problems. They both are pretty even this time around. I just sold my brand new unopened PS4 because I needed the money but when the time comes and more games are released I will be picking up a PS4 again.

Glad I am keeping my PS3 for now.
Oh wow. Did not know Xbox has issues as well. Never owned one so I know nothing about Xbox, but damn.... Hopefully a software update will fix these issues in the future. One can only hope

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Give them time...things change and get updates.

My kid loves his PS4 over his PS3, but he uses it for games, it's intended purpose. The PS4 was targeted/developed as a pure game machine, that's why it's specs are much better than the Xbox One. On the other hand the Xbox One was designed as more of a multimedia device/all-in-one machine.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Give them time...things change and get updates.

My kid loves his PS4 over his PS3, but he uses it for games, it's intended purpose. The PS4 was targeted/developed as a pure game machine, that's why it's specs are much better than the Xbox One. On the other hand the Xbox One was designed as more of a multimedia device/all-in-one machine.
Came in to write this as well. It will def prevail once more games start to release and software updates to fix all the small issues. PS4 is leaps and bounds better for gaming IMO.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
100% agree about the gaming. It is far superior than the PS3. It just would have been nice to keep what they already had on a 7 year old system. For me those amenities were very useful. But I will sit back, enjoy the gaming side of the PS4, and just hope they drop an update to fix these minor issues

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
while I've been holding off on deciding which one I will get, I can't help but be excited for the SteamOS and steamboxes. They have a chance to become a player/wildcard in the next gen console wars and I'm looking forward to see how they develop

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
while I've been holding off on deciding which one I will get, I can't help but be excited for the SteamOS and steamboxes. They have a chance to become a player/wildcard in the next gen console wars and I'm looking forward to see how they develop
This!! ^^^^ Holy crap, Steam has a chance at making everything better. I am so hopeful. ;)

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
This!! ^^^^ Holy crap, Steam has a chance at making everything better. I am so hopeful. ;)
Oh wow. I never even heard about this. Looks very interesting ! I must do some research now :D

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The thing I like about the Steam side of it, if done right, it will let us PC gamers play against console people...bring us all together and let us use our keyboard/mouse config instead of stupid controllers. :) And I wouldn't have to rebuy my steam games.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
The thing I like about the Steam side of it, if done right, it will let us PC gamers play against console people...bring us all together and let us use our keyboard/mouse config instead of stupid controllers. :) And I wouldn't have to rebuy my steam games.
Wow. Sounds awesome. Must look into this when I get home from work

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Xbox one menu navigation is the most ass backwards BS ever. I've been a box fan since the first one. But this time I lost some serious faith. And the kinect is too easy to activate.