What's new

Needing a suggestion...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are building a new house and are expected to move in around August 1st. I am looking for a special cigar to enjoy on that first night in the house to celebrate something we have been working towards for a very long time. Something in the $20 to $25 range, mild to medium, length...open to suggestions. Let's see your suggestions. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Padron makes great cigars. Fuente is know for great higher end cigars - anything Opus Both great brands but completely different taste profiles Make sure you read some reviews and get an idea of which taste profiles you are looking for. We can be more helpful if you tell us what you enjoy smoking now.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Padron 1926 Natural
Padron 1926 natural is a favorite blend of mine. Can’t go wrong with the #6, #9, #47, or #2. Padron 1964 natural is also great, I’d recommend the Hermoso or Imperial size.
I will recommend this one till I'm blue in the face. The gentlemen above have never tried one, so be cautious of their recommendations.:ROFLMAO:
View attachment 171880
I still have yet to try this, but soon my friend...

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
(in reply to a comment that was removed)
Nah man. Sweet creamy wood, and the middle portion is like red hots or cinnamon candy. Theres so many flavors going on in that smoke, its hard to list them all.
The closest cigar I've had that even gets close is the 10 year old Montecristo #2 that Derek sent me. The Plasencia is the same as the Monte, but on crack!:LOL: Seriously amazing!
Not one other cigar I've had since even compares...not even the 1926 #6 I had a month or so ago. I never got any of those flavors this KATMAN character mentioned. See for yourself!
...or I might just have to get your coordinates from a feller from Arkansas, since the cat is out of the bag now.:LOL:;)

....this message brought to you by the BOTL Disinformation Governance Board...

Last edited:

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
@highsierrasmokin'

I deleted the original post because I found it offensive. Now it will live in infamy.

Can you edit your post to remove the quote and simply leave your review of the cigar.
Sir, YES SIR! Quote removed.

You got worried because I wrote that stuff at the bottom about the BOTL Disinformation Governance Board didn't you? Your safe this time, but don't let it happen again!!!:ROFLMAO:;)

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Congrats on finishing your house @Tedster !!! I finished building my house over a year ago and it was hell. A very nice cigar to celebrate completion is just what you'll need!
All of the above cigars/brands mentioned are stellar and you will find greatness in whichever you decide on. Best of luck finishing up!

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
If you can find them, Padron 1926 natural #1 is great if you want a 7 incher. I have a few, but I never have that kinda time anymore. If you wanted to spend just a bit more, around $30, the Padron Family Reserve #44 is the way to go.

highsierrasmokin'

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
No need to send me one. I've smoked the Plasencia Alma del Campo and del Fuego enjoyed them.
That's like saying, "I've smoked a Padron 3000 and a Damaso, so no need to try a '64 or '26. Probably just taste the same."
No comparison...not even a little. Just do yourself a favor Al and thank me later.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mild to medium and smoother than silk, I recommend the Joya de Nicaragua Numero Uno. It isn't a Baskin Robbins 31 flavor circus like some sticks mentioned here.

As the folks at Cigar Aficionado stated; "The draw here is impeccable, imparting a creamy, toasty smoke that speaks softly of vanilla, almonds and cinnamon. No flavor is competing for dominance on the palate. Rather, each note dances delicately like a well-choreographed ballet suite. "

Be a man of culture and ignore these barbarians.

(I was trying to sound like a Davidoff fan boi. Did it work?)