What's new

Netflix - Streaming

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Have been watching Monk and Wings with my wife and re-watching Deep Space Nine (my favorite Star Trek series).

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
We've cancelled cable and gone with the Netflix/Hulu/digital antenna option. On Netflix, if you haven't checked out "Luther," a BBC show, check it out. Really good. It's kind of dark with one of those heros you love because he's not afraid to get dirty, you need to check it out. Also been streaming the heck out of Reno 911!
Glad to see someone else that has canceled cable TV. I also just have a digital antenna and Netflix. I even got the magic jack for a home telephone...best thing I ever did. No regrets whatsoever!

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
We've cancelled cable and gone with the Netflix/Hulu/digital antenna option. On Netflix, if you haven't checked out "Luther," a BBC show, check it out. Really good. It's kind of dark with one of those heros you love because he's not afraid to get dirty, you need to check it out. Also been streaming the heck out of Reno 911!
Glad to see someone else that has canceled cable TV. I also just have a digital antenna and Netflix. I even got the magic jack for a home telephone...best thing I ever did. No regrets whatsoever!
I actually felt joyful when I left the cable company after handing in my HD boxes that I was renting for $18 a month, on top of the "additional outlet fee" and the "HD service fee." The house is more peaceful, we're interacting more... this has been a good thing.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret

Terriers

Columbo

George Carlin HBO specials

Louie

Breaking Bad

The Walking Dead

The Office

Mad Men

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Taken 2 on Vudu...

Youngest daughter spent about an hour watching Good Luck Charlie episodes on another TV through Netflix...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Cut the cable over two years ago. Have only regretted a few times - when a football game is on ESPN or NFL and I can't find a good stream. I kept Cox for internet. After about six months, I plugged the cable into the TV out of curiosity and found that I get the local network and public channels, so I do cheat and watch occassional network/local news.

In last couple years, I've streamed following serials end to end with no commercials (in approx order of how much we enjoyed them):

Well worth the time:
Firefly - could just be one of the best series ever
Rescue Me
West Wing
Prison Break
Intelligence - great Canadian drama - shame it only lasted two seasons
Sleeper Cell - I'd never heard of this, but it is pretty good

Maybe I should get another hobby:
Day Break -
Heroes
Damages
Commander in Chief

Good filler stuff: Winds of War, Defenders, Touch, White Collar, Numbers, South Park

Tried, but couldn't get into Breaking Bad, Luther (couldn't understand the English accents), Weeds, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy....and a few others

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Yes Luther is awesome but BBC shows tend to not always be a success in the US. The show reminds me of the Scottish crime novelist Ian Rankin.
After your done with Luther - check out White Chapel

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Yes Luther is awesome but BBC shows tend to not always be a success in the US. The show reminds me of the Scottish crime novelist Ian Rankin.
After your done with Luther - check out White Chapel
Looked on Hulu and Netflix. They must have taken it down. I'll keep an eye out.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Been a slow year for Netflix streaming. Either the selection doesn't seem to be expanding/improving much, or I'm just not stumbling into quality stuff as well as I used to.....since my last post, we've streamed:

Most of the Netflix originals:
House of Cards - Very good.
Orange is the New Black - Great.
Lilyhammer - Different, but very entertaining
Hemlock Grove - Couldn't get past first two episodes...seemed well done, just not to my taste

Others:

Always Sunny in Philadelphia/Cheers; Good way to kill 23 min. We prefer serials, but these always make us laugh

Chicago Code - Great! I can't work up Firefly-level outrage, but dumbfounded that it only lasted one season

The Job - Can't believe I never heard of this. Great! Rescue Me would never have happened without this. Very funny.

Scandal - Don't pay attention to network TV, so this had escaped us....first season was good; second season was sort of good, but as scenarios got wilder, it got harder to suspend disbelief and just enjoy the ride

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Mostly documentaries just watched Forks over Knives i watched the Jiro sushi one too. I watch the Netflix originals House of Cards and Orange is the new Black both solid shows.