What's new

Never going back there!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I've run into the same thing being younger. The more I go to them the more b&ms seem like gun stores, bunch of old arrogant dudes... Maybe just my experience, sometimes you got to deal with the bs to get an education.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I've run into the same thing being younger. The more I go to them the more b&ms seem like gun stores, bunch of old arrogant dudes... Maybe just my experience, sometimes you got to deal with the bs to get an education.
Ha, you think the stores are bad?! Try shooting competitively against them, and then start beating them. Badly.
It brings out the truest a-hole in them.

Please do keep us updated if anything changes after you talk to the owner (assuming you do).

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Regardless of age or any other factor, you shouldn't have been treated that way. I would definitely agree that you should make mention of it to the owner.

Gar

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually I would suggest you print a copy of this post and share it with the owner.

I know as an owner I would want to know if one of my employees did this. Maybe there is a legit reason, but odds are there wasn't...

Anyhow I would afford the owner the chance to make it right.

BR,

STS
Exactly... you owe it to yourself to let it be known and also give the owner a chance to hear what happened and try to earn you back as a customer. Who knows, maybe the owner has his doubts about the shop manager and this will make him change some things, or at the very least, make him understand all customers are welcome. If you give the owner a chance by telling him and he doesn't care, then at least you know you did the right thing... then F'em.
+1 exactly this statement

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
It's sad but I've seen this at several places, they have a bunch of older gentlemen, usually retired, that see the b&m as a second home and that it's their "right" to be there regardless. Last time i was at my fav b&m another younger man and myself were having a conversation when an FOG came over and told him to get out of "his" seat. He was quite rude and there were other seats available but that was "his". The owner was there and just turned and walked off to let us sort it out, he ended up choosing another seat but of course there was the tension in the air. I understand catering to the regulars to a degree but at the expense of alienating "new" regulars the business will suffer. Why don't they understand this?

p.s. It's not possible that the seat was taken from under him as we had been there for 45 min b4 he showed up. Also there were plenty of other fog's that applauded my buddy for not relenting to the other gentleman as he apparently makes a habit of ordering other customers from "his" chair.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with telling the owner but I don't see how printing a copy of this thread adds much value. Your first hand account of what happened is the most important piece of this story...our opinions of the events should not matter. It would be different is this was something you heard about, but in this case you experienced it first hand and a face to face retelling of how you were treated is all that's needed (IMO).

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
It's a shame you and your friend were treated like that. Tell the owner shoe is aware and an correct the situation. A good rule of thumb fora B&m is buy a few cigars each time you are there. I usually smoke something that I buy at the lounge that night so no one gets upset. After all, the lounge is there to make money,as well as builds solid cliental.

But the bottom line is customer service. Makes no difference how young or old someone is.