What's new

Never realized the cost of the Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not many that I have found. If a company is going to do a bundle, it is usually a little different quality or blend with different branding. RomaCraft, San Lotano, Island Jim #2, and some others offer bundles of their regular line boxed cigars at a lower price.

Sometimes seconds, as you mentioned, are offered by some companies. They could be re-branded to not dilute the main line reputation. Nude bundles are a good example of little to no branding and a lower price. The bundle could be made by a major, brand-name company.

Price difference with the box is around $5, so add retailer mark-up on that, which varies. The thick solid wood boxes that RoMa Craft uses could be much more with a higher cost to ship to us and to ship to you. Most companies want to keep the whole marketing package together for their regular lines. Padron is never going to sell a bundle of Anniversarios (unless hell freezes over).
You actually answered that with intellect and patience...I started passing out around the 3rd sentence....farted then fell over and completely passed out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many that I have found. If a company is going to do a bundle, it is usually a little different quality or blend with different branding. RomaCraft, San Lotano, Island Jim #2, and some others offer bundles of their regular line boxed cigars at a lower price.

Sometimes seconds, as you mentioned, are offered by some companies. They could be re-branded to not dilute the main line reputation. Nude bundles are a good example of little to no branding and a lower price. The bundle could be made by a major, brand-name company.

Price difference with the box is around $5, so add retailer mark-up on that, which varies. The thick solid wood boxes that RoMa Craft uses could be much more with a higher cost to ship to us and to ship to you. Most companies want to keep the whole marketing package together for their regular lines. Padron is never going to sell a bundle of Anniversarios (unless hell freezes over).
Thanks Rob, I appreciate the explanation. Rather than inane, asinine posts that contribute nothing to the discussion, you gave me the answer I was looking for.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks Rob, I appreciate the explanation. Rather than inane, asinine posts that contribute nothing to the discussion, you gave me the answer I was looking for.
Well aren't we two scoops of grumpy! There's such a thing of glossing over posts ...some members tend to enjoy conversations while others like yourself don't...might want to skip over some of those inane asinine posts that don't contribute to your sensibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.