What's new

New cabinet humi help!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OK BOTL'S,

I purchased a new cabinet humi about 2 months ago and I'm finally getting around to seasoning it.
I've had an oasis xl plus in it plus a couple pounds of beads for a little over 2 weeks.
I also have a bowl of distilled water on each shelf.
My question is!!
As the RH is coming up in the humi at what point is it safe to go ahead and place sticks in it?
So far I've gotten it up to 61% on the bottom and 59% on the top.
I plan to raise it to around 65% on the bottom and 62% on the top.
NC's on the botton, CC's on the top.
Am I there yet?
And will placing my sticks from the cooler in there help it settle out a little?
My coolerdor is currently at 62%.

Thanks guys,

Mike Parnell

Matthew

Tobacco Beetle
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Go ahead and fill it up now. If it is empty, there is not much to absorb and hold humidity. By filling it, you reduce the air space and change the humidity dynamics. You may have to add more distilled water sooner, but you'll be fine. Congratulations on the new humidor.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Plus if your sticks arealready at the set humidity, you'll be adding Rh to the environment. But I am also a noob to humis and have never had a caabinet. my .02

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Go ahead and fill it up now. If it is empty, there is not much to absorb and hold humidity. By filling it, you reduce the air space and change the humidity dynamics. You may have to add more distilled water sooner, but you'll be fine. Congratulations on the new humidor.

Bingo! That is all you need right there. 100 points to Matthew. :thumbsup:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
What Matthew said. I've noticed a full humidor is a happy humidor. Or may'be I'm the one that's happy, who knows :dunno: :grin:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Listen to the man Matthew!