What's new

New Camera (Pic Heavy)

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
So my wife's dad forgot about getting her a birthday gift (glad it wasn't me :laugh:) and asked her last week if she'd be interested in a new camera. Sure, while the camera we have works just fine a new camera would not be turned down! This thing is pretty snazzy :grin:. When I finally got my son to take his nap today, I took a few hours of me time and messed around with the new camera. Thought I might share some of the results (they aren't really cigar related, but this things will take some awesome pics for upcoming reviews!). I started by dragging out all the snakes out onto the back deck:

These two are the wife's snakes (even though I feed and clean up after them :squinteye).

These two were not being very cooperative (the sand boa especially), so many of the shots didn't turn out :hanghead:. Maybe they'll be more obliging next time I do a photo shoot with them.

I also had King Henry VIII out enjoying the afternoon sun so I snapped a pic of him also.

Then I started hunting around the yard for some targets...

And yes, that is exactly what you think it is that the fly is posing on in the previous pic. But man what a nice pic of a Sarcophagidae :grin:.

These next two are my favorites of the day! Gorgeous leaf hopper, took a little bit of patience and trickery to get the pics in the first place as the little fella kept hiding behind the plant stalk. Finally managed to get close enough and in focus without spooking it.

I took a couple hundred pics, most of them didn't turn out as I learned my way around with the new camera. It has a pretty decent macro function, way better than the other camera. I hope to get a morning to myself this weekend and head out to a local park by the creek to get some insect pics (and maybe partake in a cigar :dunno:). Hope you all enjoyed and thanks for putting up with my pic heavy post :peace:.

Dan

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Definately some nice pic's Dan....but how about providing some info on the "camera!" :grin:

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Thanks Dan, great pics. No one pays attention of 'Beware of the Dog' signs anymore, but 'Beware of the Snakes' sign I believe would command a little more thought. Beautiful snakes by the way.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
always a little scary when dan starts dragging the snake out.........
And especially when Dan tells Bob... "Hold still, relax, and it may only be uncomfortable for a few seconds."

ANYWHO...

Great pics, Dan!! That obviously has some great macro settings on it. Carey's Fujifilm FinePix has a couple of great settings like that, as well. I look forward to seeing some reviews with accompanying pics!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Excellent pics!!! I like thoes alot. We have Two snakes and a lizard as well. I don't know if there's a thread for pics of our reptiles but if not you should start one and I will add my photo's as well. I know you have the "New Addition's" thread but maybe a Thread like "Show off your Reptile's" would be more general for everyone to add to. What do you think Dan?...If you like, you can lead off!