What's new

New car with cloth seats?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I didn't smoke in my car regularly, but it was nice to know that the smell wouldn't stick for too long if I did.

Got a new car & opted for cloth seats (aka: too broke to buy the leather package lol)... How bad will the smell linger if I smoke a 1 or 2 a month?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What'd ya buy? Doesn't really have anything to do with your question just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
My car has cloth. I smoke in it almost daily, whether it be cigars, blacks, or pipes. I keep my windows down when I can, an ozium puck, and a basic wash every week or two. No smell unless you're sensitive the the odor of tobacco. Also the link Jesse posted

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Kia Soul.. 2.0 liters of unadulterated gerbil power! Lol
We were shopping small SUVs and were disappointed few come with a V6 option anymore. My 2005 escape had a 3.5 liter. We ended up going with a RAV4 and its 2.5 liter. I don't smoke in it thou. It's the drive kids around car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We were shopping small SUVs and were disappointed few come with a V6 option anymore. My 2005 escape had a 3.5 liter. We ended up going with a RAV4 and its 2.5 liter. I don't smoke in it thou. It's the drive kids around car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ya, that's my concern with the smell. It's usually just me in the car, but it still needs to be a family vehicle on occasion

I don't think any Souls come with a 6... It was a big suprise the first time I pulled onto the highway... My town car had a bit more "go", despite being a boat.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper w/cloth seats and smoke in it with no smell...I use the ozone spray after smoking. ..that's 15 years of cigar smoking.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Congrats on the new car! I smoke in my truck and keep the windows down or at least cracked halfway open, depending on the weather. Usually the day after or if I have time when I put it out, I'll spray the interior down with the automotive febreze. I'll also just keep the windows down a bit to air out the truck. But it usually helps.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
And ridiculous fuel efficiency thus more money for cigars. Winning

I chose 4 cylinder on my last buy also. Wanted a 6, but was hard to justify the 8 more miles a gallon on average
Rediculous is right. The one I had got horrible gas mileage. Mid 20's on a really great day, lower 20's more typical.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
You have to do a few things:
1. Crack the windows and turn on the foot air (and make sure it's not set to re-circulate!)
2. Make sure you proactively ash out the window as often as possible
3. Use Ozium after smoking
4. Vacuum frequently, to remove any stray ash

This will NOT remove any/all trace of cigar smoke, nothing really will do that, no matter what anyone says. But it will remove it enough that some folks may not even notice the trace smells. I smoke in my Honda which has cloth seats, and as long as I do the above, it doesn't stink. Very slight tobacco odor, but no strong odors.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Over the first thousand miles, I've averaged 31.7

Its no prius, but it will cut my fuel costs on half!
Mine was a 2012 - they were notorious for crappy mileage. It was the year Kia got their hand slapped for messing up their mileage ratings on their vehicles. It was sold with something like a 31 MPG highway rating and was knocked down to something like 25 after it was corrected. I did really like the car a lot though. Situations changed where it made more sense to get rid of it unfortunately.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would destroy a car with a cloth interior... my truck always looks like a scene out of Cheech & Chong movie... :>

STS