What's new

New Cigarmaker Anxious to Join the Fabled BOTL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BOTL!

I am excited to join in the discussions on this forum!

Several years ago I was involved as a producer of a movie (La Soga) in the Dominican Republic. As an avid cigar enthusiast, I made some great new connections during the three months I lived in Santiago. When I returned home I purchased an existing retail store, El Humidor, and have since doubled it in size and sales. This did not satisfy my hunger for the cigar world, in fact, now I craved more...

This is the genesis behind the idea of creating a new cigar. At first just a "house line" but then I realized I had way too much energy, drive and ideas to be constrained by a small project.

What started out as a concept has blossomed into a full scale brand with my mentor Guillermo Leon, the owner of La Aurora. Guillermo has given me access to the factory to work on projects as I see fit and develop concepts and short runs using the library of tobaccos at La Aurora's disposal. Along with Guillermo and Manuel Inoa -- I have already created three solid releases that are in the pipeline. These aren't what you've come to expect from La Aurora in terms of names, sizes and strength. However, they have the signature level of high quality everyone has come to know this 109 year old factory for producing.

The brand is called Viva Republica and I will be releasing the first line, Rapture, this August at IPCPR.

Our goal is to use Viva Republica as a vehicle to dream up, create and ultimately -- smoke differently. La Aurora has long been established as a premiere maker of cigars -- however, it's time to let her hair down, kick off her dress shoes and get a little weird.

I look forward to any input, questions, suggestions, guidance & BOTL camaraderie!

Viva!

Jason Holly

http://www.vivarepublica.com
http://www.facebook.com/vivarepublica

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Welcome from the Bahamas! Glad to have you hear and look forward to your contributions to the forum. So what are some of the sticks that you most enjoy...besides La Aurora haha. Once you have some sticks out I know that the guys here will give you some great honest reviews of them. Welcome.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome! I have honestly never been to Nassau but it's on my short list!

My go-to stuff right now:

Alec Bradley Black Market
La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor
Fuente Anejos
Illusione CG4
Viaje Super Shots (either 10 or 12)
Tatuaje Gran Cojonu
La Reloba Seleccion Sumatra
La Flor Dominicana Maceos
My Uzi Weighs a Ton

These sticks account for about 80% of my current leisure smoking...although honestly that's shrunk considerably now that I am smoking a few of our prototypes a day.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Welcome from the Rose City.., look forward to trying your cigars in August! Will have to chase down your booth.

JuYcEmAn

¡Soy un esnob de Fuente!
Rating - 96.9%
37   1   0
Welcome, from Chicago!

Impressive mentor in Guillermo Leon. I prefer his signature line as well as the Preferrido Emerald. Oh, and my absolute favorite is the Puro Vintage!

Great line-up of "go to" smokey treats... I'm a big fan of the Mi Amor.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Welcome to the board Jason. Best of luck with the new release to you. Will they be available online? We tend to be way behind on getting the new releases here in S MS lol.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Hi Jason!

:welcome: from Minnesota :waving:

It's really good to have you here. I look forward to trying your new stuff as soon as it is available!!!

Viva!

Rupe

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello Jason and :welcome:. We are glad to have you join us and I am sure you will enjoy the website and camaraderie here. Good luck with your project and keep us posted.