What's new

New Coffee Maker

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Ok,
So there are a few threads on this, but Im looknig for recent information.

Anyone buy a coffee maker recently?

If so, what kind and how do you like it?

My 7 yo coffee maker just busted this am.
(water all over the floor.....)

Im not a coffee nerd, but the mrs is weary of the K-cups.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I have a Keurig and a bunn coffee maker like them both. The bunn is the regular style coffee maker and was more expensive but works as good as the day I got it and that was about 4 years ago. They also have good customer service and if you have issues can send it in and gets fixed.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Yes we just bought this:

We go tired of wasting coffee. We use both the individual coffee refills and the screen so that you can use your own coffee.

I love this thing!!!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Anyway, I swear by the keurig, simply cuz I'm the only one in the house that drinks coffee and it was a waste brewing whole pots at a time for a cup or two. Also, I love that from the time I turn the power on it's less than 2min to get a fresh piping hot coffee.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Capresso coffee maker is my favorite. It's a work horse, brews at the perfect temperature, and has a thermal pot that keeps the coffee nice and hot.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
If you're looking for the best automatic drip coffee maker that money can buy, look no further than here:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/sweetmarias/coffee-brewers/technivorm-brewers.html

If, however, you're more of the "do it yourself" type (and you want to save some cash), pick up a "Ready, Set, Joe" manual drip cone from Melitta (normally available at grocery stores, or on amazon for about $5) & a hot water kettle - then you can control all the variables and make really good coffee on your own. Of course, good fresh roasted coffee & a decent grinder are a must as well.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
If you want a drip coffee maker I've said it before and I'll say it again; the best in the world is the technivorm moccamaster. Do your research and you will see.

I have the technivorm moccamaster cd by clement design which was a special edition put out years ago. Its over 6 years old and still brews the best drip you'll ever taste. Crazy expensive but you only buy one, ever!

One last thing, the ones with the carafe are even better!

Attachments

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
1st choice if $$ no object: Technivorm Mochamaster

2nd choice Capresso MT500 We had one of these for 2 yrs and worked perfect until it burned up in the house fire. Brews at perfect 195 degrees and is done in 6 minutes. In fact, I just replaced the unit finally with a quality used one from ebay for just $70 delivered. The thermal caraffe keeps the coffee hot for HOURS and the fact that the burner does not keep heating your pot, means no burned coffee if for some reason you don't drain the pot within a half hour like we do. :)

3rd choice would be a BUNN for the proper brew temp.

Obviously, these are just drip choices. A french press or vacuum pot is superb but I gathered you were after a drip

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Obviously, these are just drip choices. A french press or vacuum pot is superb but I gathered you were after a drip
Yeah, I already have a French Press, a pour over style and a Mocha pot (sp) stovetop espresso type coffee....

Yeah, Im looking for a drip or a grind & brew or a single serve.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
bunn. it is consistently good, and works like a beast. quick too, due to the preheated reservoir. of course, this is from someone who drinks a full pot of coffee before i leave the house in the morning. MY math factors price, speed, durability, quality of the cup, and ease of operation for the caffeine impaired.

oh, and wire mesh filter. even in drip methods, i like a little chew to my joe!

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I just can't agree with BUNN. I had way to many issues with the one we bought. Took it back in 3 days and went for the Grind-n-Brew.

MattBell

Will work for Dirty Rats
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
The one I have is probably on the lower end of what everyone else is posting but my parents and I both have a Cuisinart (theirs is about 5 years old, mine only 1 year) and I love if. Put your beans in and it grinds them and then drops them into the screen to brew. It's pretty great and stays hot for a while.