What's new

New cooler

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I had to break down and get a cooler. Nothing fancy, just had a butt-load of tupperware containers stacked on top of my humidor. It was a pain in the butt moving the tupperdors to get into the special stash.

I forgot to take pictures of the "before", but you can add 2 more loaf sized glad containers and 1 more cake sized and you'll get the idea. I wasn't able to put all my anacondas back in the boxes, but atleast 2 made it back to thier homes.Now I need to put in the order for some beads.

I makes me wonder if I should've went bigger though...I have 2 boxes in transit and am planning a split involving a cab and 3 boxes. I'm going to be adding about 100 more cigars!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Later on tonight, I'm going to take out the rest of the N/C's out of the 250ct humi and transfer them to the cooler. I need to make room.

:smokingco Lousy tax return!:smokingco

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Nice setup Rob. You'll love the beads. I ordered 1/2 lb of them from Dave at Heartfelt and used most of them for my 50 qt. The other handful I put in my 100 ct and they work as good as gold.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
MichiganM said:
Nice setup Rob. You'll love the beads. I ordered 1/2 lb of them from Dave at Heartfelt and used most of them for my 50 qt. The other handful I put in my 100 ct and they work as good as gold.
I was checking out his site last night and if I had my card handy I would've ordered them up. What bead is better for a cooler? I'm thinking of getting the 65% but not sure. Any input from the peanut gallery?

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I ordered the 65 percent Rob and like I said just under 1/2 lb works great for my cooler. I've been opening it up twice a week since I got it and it stays between 63-66 every time I open it. I have a decent amount of spanish cedar in it which helps. If you're bigger than 50 qt you might need more though. I was going by your pic...looks about 50 qt. I put my beads in a pantyhose...cut the top...tied a knot and bought a spray bottle from Meijer for like a buck. I just spray the beads while rotating them then set the pantyhose on top of a box, next to some cedar. The cedar soaks in excess and the beads work great!!!!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Thanks Jason...Cliff...I guess I'll order the 65% then. I have a decent stash of spanish cedar lying around in the bottom of a drawer from an old humidor that I'll put in the cooler. I have some SC dividers spanning the tupperware as shelves for right now.

I'm going to go down to my father in laws shop and see if I can make some better shelving out of some aluminum.