What's new

New drawers have arrived!!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
God those look so good... congrats on the set!
Thanks man! Been a long wait :)

John did PERFECT work. I've just got a bunch of tupperwares in there with DW. Hoping in about a week I can throw sticks in there...

I'll need to figure out how to get beads on the floor though. I have like 1" of clearance.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i got the same drawers for my 281 from john. for the bottom of the wino, i simply took the top of a hinge-style cigar box, flipped it over and put KL into it. hope this helps!
Not a bad idea at all! I just don't have a box like that. I wonder if they make any shallow tupperwares?

I can always cut down the ones I purchased I guess. I want to get at least a pound in there somehow.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I bought the beads already in the bags. I don't have any on the floor but I did put some distilled water in a shallow Tupperware under my drawers while seasoning....

Tip: whether right or wrong

Boil some distilled water in a kettle and pour into some dishes and then set them in your humi for a bit. Maybe a couple times. It will steam up pretty good. But seasoned mine well and really fast Not saying it's the right way but if you are impatient like me. It has held consistent every since

Enjoy your new drawers

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Head to a cigar shop or b&m... I'm sure they can give you an empty box... If not sell you one for like a dollar.
Yea my BM will give me boxes, but holy hell do they reek like smoke. I grabbed a couple a few months ago, aired them out for like 3 weeks and it still wasn't enough. Didn't want that in my humi.

All good, I'll figure something out

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It doesn't have to be pretty - you are the only one that will see the tray/box at the bottom.
Yea I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about volume. I'd like to get a pound down there....

I may try and just cut down the containers I already bought. I think I can fit three of those on the bottom, just cut them down and fill them up... we'll see once seasoning is done.

I didn't use steam as mentioned above, just a bunch of bowls of DW, with nothing on the very bottom since I couldn't fit anything in there. Each drawer has a bowl, and each shelf has a bowl of DW. I'm thinking a week to get it fully seasoned but who knows. I'll probably pull the water when it approaches 85 on the hygro

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well i just cut down one of the tupperwares I bought to use as the bottom trays. I won't have a way to test them until these are fully seasoned as I don't want to open the door at this point. I hope this rigged tupperware works. I have like 4 of these I can use :)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you try the Heartfelt humidity sheets? I bought some to see how well they really work and they surprisingly did as advertised. Pretty amazing considering it feels like a semi-rigid sheet of paper foamboard. Would be perfect for the 1" space and you can cut to size and use multiple sheets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk