What's new

New Drip Coffee Pot

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Kingston said:
Very nice, Tom.
I see you did your homework, getting the water hot enough is usually the biggest fault with most home machines.
Yea I did. Everyone said it was the best bang for your buck. I usually french press but it's nice to have a cup brewed and waiting for you when you wake up.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Yea its got that sleek european look goin on....not crazy about it but the functionality is supposed to be great.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Presto Don't they make those old popcorn popper & such?:scratchhe

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Very nice! I wanted one of those but it was too radical looking for the kitchen in my old house. I hear they make great coffee. What kind of filter will you be using?

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
windowrx said:
Very nice! I wanted one of those but it was too radical looking for the kitchen in my old house. I hear they make great coffee. What kind of filter will you be using?
I don't know yet....that is my next step. Have any reccomendations?

Like I said, not crazy about the look but I wanted something affordable and functional.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've been using SwissGold filters for years. My first one lasted over 10 years and I just replaced it with a new one a couple months ago. They let all of the essence of the coffee pass through to the pot without absorbing the oils the way paper does. You do get a small amoount of mud in the bottom of the pot but that's never been a concern for me. The flavor is worth it.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Kingston said:
Tom and Maria are great! I'm very lucky to have them a few miles from work.
Man, I'd love to be able to visit their store. I've corresponded via email with them regarding some orders and they seem like great folks, not to mention their coffee knowledge.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Excellent choice Tom. I've had one for about a year now and think it's great. So much that I got my bother and his wife one for Christmas and my Mom one a few weeks ago to replace that damned MC she insisted on using until it died. Swiss gold is definitely the best filter option. I would however try to dissuade you from using the auto timer....coffee looses a lot of its essential flavor after a few minutes after it is ground and since you went to all that trouble to research a good maker, hate to see you loose the benefits of good beans, good grinder and good maker.

Kingston

Surly
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
windowrx said:
Man, I'd love to be able to visit their store. I've corresponded via email with them regarding some orders and they seem like great folks, not to mention their coffee knowledge.
Not a lot to see, as it's just a giant warehouse with beans and forklifts, but when they're not busy it's great to talk about what's good, and what's coming up.