What's new

New(er) Setup Updated!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
So here's the latest photo's. I know I said I would line it w/ cedar, but I figured that I'm probably too lazy.

I do want to install a small fan in eah of the doors though. I figured that I could get a small electronics fan, rheostat, and run it with 2 AAA batteries. We'll see if I do that though (I'm not putting any money on that!).

This is the Domestic side. I got rid of the other drawer and put in a shelf using 1/8" dowel and foam board.

Here's a picture of one of the Anacondas signed by Tim Ozgener (CAO) and Kurt Vonkeppel (Xikar).
I had to sell off 2 of the other boxes to make room for all my other crap.:sadcry:

Finally, the Habano side. Even the Padron boxes are holding misc. loose sticks. I wanted to use all habano boxes, but my G/F's mom talked me out of 5 or 6 empty boxes.

I guess I'll have to revisit this thread in the next few months to see if i updated the setup at all.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I'm thinking of a small 2" fan, rheostat (like a volume control for a guitar), and 2AAA batteries. In theory it should work pretty good, but I'll toss one together soon and try it out.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Well thats an idea. putting them upright like that and using the divider as a shelf. I haven't finalized how I am going to set mine up but I have a hygro and 1lb of beads.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Looks good Rob! I hope you gave your g/f's mother empty boxes! If she's talking you out of full boxes you should run now!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
AZsteelman said:
Dude, I use an Oust fan in my wine cooler just for kicks. No wires that way.
I use one too(Hiding on the Habano's side behind the bead container), but it's an odd size and I like to tinker. I plan on doing a closed system mounted on the door. If it works, cool. If not, no biggie!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I had used a computer fan wired to a timer for a while, just loved it, but then discovered this and haven't looked back.