What's new

New Friends Wanted

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from texas! Enjoy your stay. And props on that long add intro haha :thumbup:
My parents and siblings live in Texas and I'm from New Orleans, so even though I'm in Yankee land I'm a true Southerner (and rabid Dallas Cowboys fan).
Hardcore cowboys fans can even drive me crazy lol.
I keep it bottled up ;-) I'm in Seahawks territory where they hate the Saints and Cowboys about as much as I hate the Redskins and 49ers, so I have to keep my passion to myself. I'll admit, I did root for the home team for the Super Bowl though. I got a chance to shoot them on the sidelines for my job as a photographer, so I've been a passive fan of the Seahawks ever since.

Football is a bit like religious topics - it's easy to get people fired up, so generally I just don't go there. :D

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Welcome ...enjoy Yourself. Judging from you post and your "enthusiastic" attitude towards hobbies ... You might as well go right to a Walk in humi. Lol see ya around

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome ...enjoy Yourself. Judging from you post and your "enthusiastic" attitude towards hobbies ... You might as well go right to a Walk in humi. Lol see ya around
No chance - if I did that my wife would lock me in it! Now if I were a single guy, I'd probably be clearing camera bags out of the closet to start my walk-in construction project! :)

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
No chance - if I did that my wife would lock me in it! Now if I were a single guy, I'd probably be clearing camera bags out of the closet to start my walk-in construction project! :)
Ok well ...we'll keep an eye on it. Don't think that one will hold long and like I said judging from the posts you will progress and it will be a sight to see haha

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok well ...we'll keep an eye on it. Don't think that one will hold long and like I said judging from the posts you will progress and it will be a sight to see haha
Who knows - maybe at some point I'll start thinking out of the box and see if there is a friend with space in their house where they could host my walk in! :ccool:

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hello and :welcome: from Chattanooga. We are glad to have you join us. I know you will enjoy our website and brotherhood here.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Welcome from Orlando! I tend to agree with the sentiment that you may want to start considering more storage space. Once the bug really bites, it takes more time to get the storage set up than it does for the orders to come in... There are some great threads on winadors and cooladors (converted wine coolers and igloo coolers) here that can help you get your storage volume up without spending so much your wife would start calling attorneys.... Ha ha ha ha.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Welcome from Chicago brother. Great introduction. Other than the RPs I enjoy all the smokes you listed. Enjoy your stay here on BOTL, we all tend to be pretty chatty as well :D

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Welcome from Canada brother. Good to see you have the passion for this slippery slope.

You have definitely found a great place and from all of us welcome to the chaos.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hi,

I’m a new cigar junkie from Seattle. By day I work at a famous high tech company and by night I’m an internationally known photography blogger. I have a great wife who hates cigars and three children who don’t know daddy has a new passion yet.
Welcome Brother from Georgia! Looks like you have a great selection of cigars! I can definitely relate to you cuz my wife dispises me smoking cigars and I have 4 kids (3 with my wife). If you haven't tried the 1926 serie from Padron do so, they are great! If you don't have much time to smoke or its cold outside go with the Padron 1926 no. 35 it's only 4" but will last a good 45 mins. Padron smokes it in 35 mins and that's where the no. 35 came from. Glad to have you with us Brother.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Welcome from Puyallup! Love the intro.

So you're a professional photographer, eh? I'll expect to see amazing cigar photos posted on the regular!!! :)

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Haha the new format will have them, the site is switching over soon enough, but I forgot to add a recommendation, your list is great so far try and branch off into Drew Estate or Tatuaje, both make great sticks! More specifically try the liga line with Drew estate and maybe some Herrera Esteli's, with Tat maybe the fausto, powerful stick though be warned haha and try and find some tat pcrs they are great short smokes and find a Reserva they are great too, I could go on, but for the sake of everyone sanity I'll stop there haha
Thanks!

I've already discovered that I enjoy full flavor, but not full bodied. Since I'm new to nicotine (never smoked cigarettes), the less the better so I tend to not care for anything that has more than a medium nicotine kick. That's why the Numero Dos kick my butt - good flavor, but it had me on my knees swearing I'd never smoke again (and I never drank any alcohol with it).

I can handle my booze very well, but too much nicotine kicks my butt in a hurry.
Drink soda or anything sugary while smoking. The sugar does wonders to counteract the nicotine.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Haha the new format will have them, the site is switching over soon enough, but I forgot to add a recommendation, your list is great so far try and branch off into Drew Estate or Tatuaje, both make great sticks! More specifically try the liga line with Drew estate and maybe some Herrera Esteli's, with Tat maybe the fausto, powerful stick though be warned haha and try and find some tat pcrs they are great short smokes and find a Reserva they are great too, I could go on, but for the sake of everyone sanity I'll stop there haha
Thanks!

I've already discovered that I enjoy full flavor, but not full bodied. Since I'm new to nicotine (never smoked cigarettes), the less the better so I tend to not care for anything that has more than a medium nicotine kick. That's why the Numero Dos kick my butt - good flavor, but it had me on my knees swearing I'd never smoke again (and I never drank any alcohol with it).

I can handle my booze very well, but too much nicotine kicks my butt in a hurry.
Drink soda or anything sugary while smoking. The sugar does wonders to counteract the nicotine.
Yup, truth. Or keep some chocolate on hand...

Welcome to the BOTL. Your enthusiasm is great to see. It reminds me of myself when I was "your age," so to speak. You know what will be awesome to see? Revisiting that list of yours in a year, and seeing what percentage of it sticks, and what you no longer enjoy. You are smart to stick to samplers for now.