What's new

new from PDX, OR

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I'm not sure how I have avoided this place for so long, but somehow I have. My name is Isaac, and I'm in Portland, Oregon. I've been smoking cigars religiously since February, right at the point my wife and I decided that I was going to quit my job and stay at home with our infant daughter. I had been giving up cigarettes as the same time (made the move to ecigs then done) but new I was going to need something, some way to escape. I don't like being cooped up. A couple hours later I found myself in a tiny neighborhood cigar bar, sipping a whiskey, smoking a Padron (my first cigar), and I've been hooked ever since.

I started a cigar blog a couple weeks ago to help me keep track of the cigars I like, and don't, and whatnot. I had been using Google Docs for this (accessable by phone and computer) but the pages just go too long with tasting notes and wishlists, that I needed something better organized. While putting the blog together I just noticed I'll be smoking my 100th different cigar this weekend. Time to pick out which one!

So, you know I like cigars, and I have a baby girl... I'm also into kayak fishing, rod building and fly tying. .. that about sums me up. Thanks for the forums! Now I know how I'll be killing some more time.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Congrats on defeating the cigarette monster and welcome to the BOTL. Which sticks have you been smoking lately?

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome fellow pdxer. Which lounge were you at
Detention. It's just a couple minutes from home. I'm there every Tuesday. Haven't really been to any others. I've had a couple sticks at Cascade and been to a couple Broadway events, but that's it.

Congrats on defeating the cigarette monster and welcome to the BOTL. Which sticks have you been smoking lately?
I'm still sampling, pretty much. I did just buy a box of AB Sun Grown though. Otherwise Tat Petite Cazedores has also been a favorite lately.

Welcome bro from up in the Tacoma area.
Thanks! I grew up in FedWay. Family is still up there.

pmd

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lol, up until I moved to SW two months ago I would hang out at the detention room about twice a week. Sounds like we may have been there at the same time. I'll head over to the Mark on canyon road sometimes but it's not the same. Anyway, welcome from another PDXer.

Peter

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Detention. It's just a couple minutes from home. I'm there every Tuesday. Haven't really been to any others. I've had a couple sticks at Cascade and been to a couple Broadway events, but that's it.
You can smoke at the Detention Bar, or do they just turn the other way allowing it? Very nice to know...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Detention is a full on cigar bar. 75+ scotches and whiskeys and a dozen-ish cigars too. There are only a few others in the greater area. McMenamins has cigar bars at Kennedy School, Baghdad Theather, Grand Lodge, Cornelius Pass and Edgefield. I haven't been to Kell's downtown or The Mark in Beaverton, but they also have indoor cigar bars. Cigars on hand are priced at a premium (30-50% more than local B&M), but you can bring your own.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Welcome from Portland via Tacoma. Sounds like you were at Greater Trumps?
Hey all. I'm not sure how I have avoided this place for so long, but somehow I have. My name is Isaac, and I'm in Portland, Oregon. I've been smoking cigars religiously since February, right at the point my wife and I decided that I was going to quit my job and stay at home with our infant daughter. I had been giving up cigarettes as the same time (made the move to ecigs then done) but new I was going to need something, some way to escape. I don't like being cooped up. A couple hours later I found myself in a tiny neighborhood cigar bar, sipping a whiskey, smoking a Padron (my first cigar), and I've been hooked ever since.

I started a cigar blog a couple weeks ago to help me keep track of the cigars I like, and don't, and whatnot. I had been using Google Docs for this (accessable by phone and computer) but the pages just go too long with tasting notes and wishlists, that I needed something better organized. While putting the blog together I just noticed I'll be smoking my 100th different cigar this weekend. Time to pick out which one!

So, you know I like cigars, and I have a baby girl... I'm also into kayak fishing, rod building and fly tying. .. that about sums me up. Thanks for the forums! Now I know how I'll be killing some more time.