What's new

New Govee Thermo Hygrometers with Swiss made sensors

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Govee has recently introduced a new line of Thermo Hygrometers with Swiss made sensors. They ask me if they sent me these devices, if I would in turn, write and post a review. Of course I said, “Sure.” We have had the same arrangement in the past, and this is my only tie to Govee.

Today I am positing the one with a display. Soon I'll post the ones that don't.

Model H5101
These are Bluetooth with a range of up to 164 feet. The size is approximately 2 1/16 inches square and ½ inch thick. They have a LCD display and come with a stand as well as double sided tape. It runs on a CR2450 Button Cell battery.

They connect to the Govee app on your smartphone. There each device is represented by a icon that look like the device.

You can rename each, which gives you a chance to notate where you have each. The temperature and humidity can be calibrated to a tenth of a degree or percent. You can also set a range for the temperature and/or humidity and ask it to alert you if it exceeds the maximum or minimum.

The display shows if it is connected and a scale of the battery life. All the devices come with batteries and a pull tab to activate. They are easy to add to the app. You can look at a graph of the temperature and humidity based on the variation by hour, day, week, month or year. If you really want to geek out, you can export the data.

At one point, I had them in a glass top humidor. Watched the display as I opened it and took one out. The response time seemed quick to me. It you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them. Govee has a web site but all sales are done through Amazon at http://amzn.to/3pSG6at

***I tried to post some pictures but am not seeing them on my end. Please let me know if they are not showing, so I can try to fix it.