What's new

New guy from CT

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hey guys,
Ive been lurking around the forums for a few weeks now and finally decided to register and start posting.
My names Ron, I'm 25 years old. Ive been married for what will be 4 years this October and have a 8 month old son. I work at Sikorsky aircraft's main plant in Stratford, CT as a cnc jig bore machinist.
I had my first cigar when i turned 18 and have smoked maybe 5-6 a year since then, mostly at social gatherings, but since the birth of my son ive turned to more of a relax at home with a beer kind of guy. Since we've had such a mild winter i stopped at the local smoke shop and grabbed a few single cigars. I think it was a couple random macanudos. After smoking those and remembering how much i enjoyed smoking i went online and found CI and that damn cigarbid site. Long story short I am now the proud owner of a small 100 cigar humidor, and a few 5 packs of cigars. After reading all the excellent threads on here about different brands and styles of cigars i cant wait to try more, and obtain more, delicious sticks.
Well that's it, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Ill be sure to post around and ask lots of questions.

Ron

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Welcome to the family and that wonderful slippery slope of cigars. Before you know it that 100ct will take up a little space on top of your cabinet. At least that's how it went for me.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dude, welcome from the bluegrass state, and glad you found us here!

please take the time to read some of the stickies, especially:
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=53154
which has about everything. most important: take your time. if it seems to expensive, it probably is, if it seems like too many, same deal, and know that your tastes change as you develop your palate. that being said, BOTL is a great resource, and a great community, and i wish i knew about it earlier!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the link to the pre-study package. I completely missed that sticky during my lurkings. I'll have to check that newb cigar trade out. It sounds like an excellent way to try some cigars that are good instead of taking a blind shot on some sampler packs.

sonarman

Hey Skimmer!
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I lived in Groton/New London for a few years. Great place as long as you can get past the 7 months of winter!

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Welcome. I am sure you will enjoy it here. A great bunch if folks.
I too work for a helicopter mfg, but we would most likely be considered competition to each other...
Glad you are here!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I was just down in Hurst TX. For an interview at bell. I had to unfortunately turn it down but was a very nice setup. Some really top rate machines.

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I am the plant engineer (facilities design) for Bell in Amarillo. They dobtare ler me play with too many machines around here, only when they areae changing. Who knows maybe one day out paths will cross.

I was just down in Hurst TX. For an interview at bell. I had to unfortunately turn it down but was a very nice setup. Some really top rate machines.

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Welcome to the forum. This site has done a number on my bank account! i read all these threads and immediatly feel the need to try every cigar mentioned. I went from a 100 count humidor like yours, to a few coolers/winadors worth. scary stuff! make sure you read the thread this thread. It could save you from going into a free fall much like i did (not that i regret it)