kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just a heads up....The cedar in that humi does not appear to be Spanish Cedar.......you may want to pick up some sheets and place them in the new humi. This is typical of many of the humis on ebay.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Congrats! I would definitely just double check the type of cedar when you get it.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
thanx guys. even if its not spanish cedar, putting some sheets in wouldnt be a big deal. i was just looking for a large chest type humi to store a few boxes.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Make sure you line it with Cedar. Those humi's are usually pine and the only thing cedar is the divider in the tray. Notice in the comments of the auction how it says "Lined with Kiln Dried Cedar Dividers". Throwing some cedar in won't prevent mold or rot., you will need to fully line it. There are only a few known woods that naturally resist rot. Cedar and redwood are a few of them, thus the reason for spanish cedar in humidors (and the way it smells...mMmMmMmMm).

Looks beautiful, it will make a quick and fun project that you will be able to store lots of smokes in.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Hate to tell ya this but that is a certified POS! The whole thing together weighs like a pound. Total garbage if you can get out of the deal do it right away. Unfortuneately I bought one of those garbage boxes and believe you me that thing will never hold humidity. Total junk and keep that crap on ebay. The fact that they charge enough in shipping to double the damn price really lets you know it's total garbage.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If you want to get out of the auction, you can email the guy and ask questions like. Is it fully lined with spanish cedar (not just the dividers)? Tell him you have been talking to some cigar buddies that have advised you of "fake" humidors on eBay. Tell him you won't be 100% satisfied if you have been duped by misleading wording in their auctions.

This is from his auction page:

• 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
  • If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will replace it or refund the purchase price less restocking fee. Shipping and handling charges are not refunded unless approved by our Customer Service department. (Refunds will not be given if th ebox has been opened.)
  • You must notify us first for a return authorization number, or your package will be refused. Returns must be within 5 days after receiving the item.
  • We pride ourselves on making sure each and every customer is satisfied after the sale is complete. If there are any issues or problems please send us an email and we will do our best to resolve the issue. Due to the large number of feedback we receive each day, our automated system will return feedback once it is left for us.

xrundog

Humidor Aficionado
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's your typical Asian market humidor. Probably plywood. Quality varies widely. Might be okay, you won't know 'til you get it. Good luck!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
actually spanish cedar is a mahogany and regular cedar is too aromatic for cigars. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be spanish cedar when you get it, but the whole humi's probably gonna be made of plywood and lined with just a thin layer of cedar. on the other hand, if it holds humidity who cares?

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
just got her in the mail today. not bad if i do say so myself. its all spanish cedar. two trays and a hell of a lot of space. i gathered some empty boxes to see what kind of storage im looking at and i think i can squeeze at least 6boxes in it...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
just got her in the mail today. not bad if i do say so myself. its all spanish cedar. two trays and a hell of a lot of space. i gathered some empty boxes to see what kind of storage im looking at and i think i can squeeze at least 6boxes in it...
Looks like you got a good buy then.

Congrats on the new purchase there....:thumbsup: