What's new

New Idea For A Lighter

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I just got this idea; let me know if you guys think it might be interesting. Actually lining a lighter with real cigar wrapper and then putting the band over that. It would definitely need to be a Bic lighter which has a more rounded shape. It would also need to have a few coats of sealant which would make it a bit shiny. It anybody thinks it might work and/or look interesting, I'll try making a few next month. (I'm really behind in the projects I've promised to people already) Naturally there'd be pictures and give-aways... <G>

Thanks.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
That would be pretty interesting. You wil probably have to soak the cigar in water for a little bit to be able to get the wrapper off in one piece.

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
That would be pretty interesting. You wil probably have to soak the cigar in water for a little bit to be able to get the wrapper off in one piece.
Yeah I know... Killing a cigar to make a lighter. But I can use the Herfdogs that I just *know* I will receive from kirscovitch in the NC PIF thingie. <G> Actually I have saved some junk cigars that I can use for this so no real loss. The reason I saved some of the crap from years ago is to act as humidity regulators in some of the small humidors that would otherwise only contain a few cigars.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Man, if you can make that work it would look awesome. And I've got plenty of crap cigars if you want more (or if you don't want more, but keep dissin' Wisconsin).

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Man, if you can make that work it would look awesome. And I've got plenty of crap cigars if you want more (or if you don't want more, but keep dissin' Wisconsin).
It's not Wisconsin I was ribbing, merely trying to be annoying to kirscovitch. Once I find that a person reacts to my ribbing them, I am unmerciful... Besides this way he'll send me more Herfdogs in the NC PIF. <G>

Thanks, and apologies for all this ribbing...

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
It's not Wisconsin I was ribbing, merely trying to be annoying to kirscovitch. Once I find that a person reacts to my ribbing them, I am unmerciful... Besides this way he'll send me more Herfdogs in the NC PIF. <G>

Thanks, and apologies for all this ribbing...

oh sure!!!!!! giving me crap on this thread too!!!!!!!!!! :stretchgr

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
hey hey there now Octopus, be nice to Matt. :laugh: :headroll:
Octopus? OCTOPUS!!!! Shit oh DEAR!!! Y'all might as well call me a girly-man as call me an octopus!!! Donk, yer about two inches away from membership on "The List" yerself...

You ever seen any films like Godzilla vs Gheedrah? In this case y'all better run 'stead o' git in th' way!!! Us'ns is startin' a SHOOTOUT HERE!!!

<Actually it should be moved to a "Kirscovitch vs. Squid" thread, but I ain't about to do it!>

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yo Squid!
Think you could do this with one of those Zippo Mini MPLs?
I can shoot one your way with a couple cigars and bands if you'd like...

TYLER

architeuthis

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yo Squid!
Think you could do this with one of those Zippo Mini MPLs?
I can shoot one your way with a couple cigars and bands if you'd like...

TYLER
I still haven't had the time to experiment with this. If it works on a disposable without the wrapper crumbling apart, it'll work on a refillable. The more I think about it, the less likely it looks like it will work. I'll give it a try anyway though...

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Even just cigar bands on the Mini MPL would be kickass. I said send a couple cigars so you could smoke 'em.
I really really really like the lighters you sent me. I'll let ya know if I end up picking up one of the MPLs!

TYLER