What's new

New Jersey / NYC

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:smokingbo So the wife and I have bought tickets to see the Lightning crush the Devils in game 2 of the Cup Playoffs. We will be staying in East Rutherford and traveling back and forth to NYC.

Any tips, ideas, or advice?:thumbsup:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
:smokingbo So the wife and I have bought tickets to see the Lightning crush the Devils in game 2 of the Cup Playoffs. We will be staying in East Rutherford and traveling back and forth to NYC.

Any tips, ideas, or advice?:thumbsup:
Are you staying overnight, or driving up and back in the same day?

Fresh50

Here to Learn and Burn!!
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We come in early friday and head back on Sunday. Other than the game Sat night we should be in the city sight seeing.:guitar:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
We come in early friday and head back on Sunday. Other than the game Sat night we should be in the city sight seeing.:guitar:
There is so much to do, it's hard to know where to start. I don't know what your likes are, but if your wife doesn't mind smoking, you should check out Florios restauraunt in Little Italy. The back of the restaurant is non smoking, but the front is smoking.

All of the usual places of course, like the Empire State Building, or Rockefeller Center, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Times Square. It will be a bit cold to go on the water tour around Lower Manhattan. Friday night you could catch a show or a concert at Lincoln Center or Carnegie Hall. If you are a fan of the Sopranos, there is a tour of many of the places that are shown on the show.

Just a few ideas

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Florios is def a must and you can check out Little Italy, also Nat Sherman's in the city, right by the Public Library and 42nd street.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Florios is def a must and you can check out Little Italy, also Nat Sherman's in the city, right by the Public Library and 42nd street.
Nat Sherman's is great. Time Square and Time Square Discount Tickets toget into many of thebroadway shows at half price same day. Wife and I used to do it all the time and we got great seats. If you like Italian, Il Mulinos, the old mob hang out is great. If you want to dazzle the wife a bit take her to the Waldorf Astoria for champagne some evening.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
you could also check out one of the little cigar factories in manhattan, CA had an article about them some time ago, do a search on their site for it and you can get the addresses for like 3 or 4 of them