What's new

New job?

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
Alright so I was recently offered a new job out of my current field of work.

For those of you that don't know I am a Deputy Sheriff. I was offered a job with Lamar Advertising, putting up and taking down billboards. It's full time with benifits. I am currently working part time with no benifits.

I want something that is more steady but I also really like the job that I have. I would still be able to work at the Sheriff's if I took this new job.

Anybody have any words of wisdom for me?

Rating - 82.4%
36   6   0
If you love your field of work now but just want more hours I would say do both for now until you can get into a department thats hiring full time or a full time spot opens for you now.

good luck

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Be sure not to sacrifice the things you love doing on your downtime. And if you don't like the new gig, keep looking. So many people get 'stuck' and it drags them down. Do what you like and have fun doing it.

Good luck bro!

-KK33-

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to decide what is most important in your life. Do you need full benefits right now or do you have spouse that can provide that. Do you want to work hanging and taking down signs in the middle of winter? I have a friend that owns a sign shop and having helped him 25' in the air while its 20 degrees out made me thankful I chose another profession. If law enforcement is your chosen career path then it would seem the deputy job would give you the valuable experience you need to get a full-time job with a better salary and benefits. I'm currently out of work and have gotten a few offers outside of my industry for a significantly lower salary, but I realize I would be miserable and I would rather find that job that not only rewards me for my experience, but also makes me happy going to work every day. Unfortunately, only you can make that decision which will make you happy.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Did what best supports your family. If you don't have one, do what best sets up your future.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey brother, I have a job that pays really great for an uneducated fool like myself. I make better money than the vast majority of people my age. And I absolutely HATE certain aspects of my job. Mainly being away from my family 4-6 weeks at a time. Don't sacrifice happiness for money. But do what you know is right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk