What's new

New member from Sydney, Australia

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi BOTL,

My name is Brett and I am from Sydney, Australia.

I am relatively new to cigars, I started smoking about 2 years ago not regularly however until recently.

This past month I have acquired a desktop humidor and have found the heat here is making it pretty much impossible to make use of the humidor so a wineador it is. I have already been in contact with Forrest for shelving and am looking forward to getting it complete and then working on filling it.

I joined a few days ago and have been reading a lot there is a ton of fantastic information here.

I am looking forward to smoking a broader range of cigars and learning from everyone here.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Welcome mate! You'll enjoy your stay for sure!
Where abouts in Sydney are you? I'm out west in the Parra area.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Awesome. I'm in St Marys all the time visiting clients.
Next time I'm there (usually in the afternoons), maybe we can have a smoke together.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I'm in St Marys all the time visiting clients.
Next time I'm there (usually in the afternoons), maybe we can have a smoke together.
Sounds like a plan, I work in and around the city mostly but occasionally work from home. I will have to get the wineador finished and filled sooner rather than later.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm city bound every now and then too.
PM me your name and number and lets get this show on the road.
I have a wineador setup. I can help out with that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't seem to PM, new member restrictions perhaps.

I have ordered 2lbs of HF Beads which are on the way, still haven't decided on which wine cooler to get, any advise on that would be great, not sure what we have here that Forrest has built shelves for already and will know measurements.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Click my name, Send private message.

All your questions are answered in the Wine Cooler 101 thread: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=35811

I bought mine from eBay. It's a Cara 28 bottle which I don't think is made anymore.
I went out and bought the wood for my shelf and drawer myself from Marrickville and put everything together with the crap tools I have at home. Turned out pretty damn good.

I was going to have Forest make it for me, but the shipping cost alone would have been prohibitive.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click my name, Send private message.

All your questions are answered in the Wine Cooler 101 thread

I bought mine from eBay. It's a Cara 28 bottle which I don't think is made anymore.
I went out and bought the wood for my shelf and drawer myself from Marrickville and put everything together with the crap tools I have at home. Turned out pretty damn good.

I was going to have Forest make it for me, but the shipping cost alone would have been prohibitive.
Yeah that's what I did, on submitting the PM I got a phrase error for PM_restriction.

There are a few wine coolers that are thermoelectric available I'll just have to jump in and grab one and work from there. Did you get Spanish Cedar from marrickville? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Been over the Wine Cooler 101 thread a few times will stick to the advise given there.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Oh yeah, the PM restriction lifts at 10 or 15 posts.

It took me ages to find this place. It's called Anagote Timbers and they're at 144 Renwick Street, Marrickville. PH: 9558 8044
http://www.anagote.com/

The guy there is really helpful and is more than happy to mill and cut the timber to your desired thickness and size.

The coolers you buy retail are expensive at times and I'm sure you don't want to spend $600 on a Vintec 40 bottle.
Best bloody thing I ever bought for my cigars was the wineador.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link I might look at this option.

I have found a few thermoelectric wine coolers which aren't to bad on price.

Prima 28 Bottle - $169
Cybercool 32 Bottle - $299 (Model DP32C)

The cybercool has 2 separate sections which can be different temps, can use the bottom for boxes and the top for singles.