What's new

New Phone Samsung S5 or HTC M8

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Well my Samsung S4 took a dump yesterday. Headed to find a new phone at lunch today and am trying to decide between the Samsung S5 and the HTC M8. Does anyone have expereince or thoughts to share? Thanks all!!!

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Just moved from the S4 to the S5. Great upgrade if you ask me. The camera is better, low light pictures are WAY better, much faster processor, and the finger print scanner is nice for ******, although rather unused other places yet.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Just moved from the S4 to the S5. Great upgrade if you ask me. The camera is better, low light pictures are WAY better, much faster processor, and the finger print scanner is nice for ******, although rather unused other places yet.
how does battery life compare?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
battery life on the S5 will be a pleasant surprise. Go with the Samsung. You're already familiar with Samsung. Samsung is your friend. Samsung loves you. Why you try to hurt Samsung? If you buy the smelly HTC, Samsung will stand outside your window in the rain playing love songs. All night long because it has an amazing battery life.

Rating - 100%
262   0   0
There is a noticeable difference. For example, last Friday night I went from 100% to 46% in 4 hours on the S4 at Leaf. This Saturday, I was only down to 78% after the 5 hour herf on the S5. About the same usage.

Some of that will be age and prior use of battery, but even my morning drive in this AM, used about 40% less battery than before.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
battery life on the S5 will be a pleasant surprise. Go with the Samsung. You're already familiar with Samsung. Samsung is your friend. Samsung loves you. Why you try to hurt Samsung? If you buy the smelly HTC, Samsung will stand outside your window in the rain playing love songs. All night long because it has an amazing battery life.
Well put :)

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
There is a noticeable difference. For example, last Friday night I went from 100% to 46% in 4 hours on the S4 at Leaf. This Saturday, I was only down to 78% after the 5 hour herf on the S5. About the same usage.

Some of that will be age and prior use of battery, but even my morning drive in this AM, used about 40% less battery than before.
my s4 battery usage has no rhyme or reason. sometimes it cooks itself other days it melts itself. other than being a little slow when doing multiple things it works pretty well. so if they improved the battery on the s5 I say that's the way to go

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I'd throw in another vote for the S5. I have one, I like it! The improved battery life is my favorite upgrade. My vote is biased though as my last HTC phone was probably 4 years ago....

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I've had two HTC's one was basically an Evo but ran Windows 7. The one I'm currently using is an HTC Evo 4G LTE. I've never had any issues with either an I'll get another HTC when I'm due for an upgrade in 6 months.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I vote S5 as well, plus they just came out with a root exploit for it. They are both great phones though.
No clue what a root is but it sounds like you know your stuff on these phones rex. Any idea why my s4 will only boot when i pull hte battery and then only shows the samsung logo for a couple seconds then goes dead? I've tried a different battery and cannot do a hard reset......

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
It could be many different things but if you cannot do a hard reset you only probably have one option and it's hard to explain step by step. Do you have a local Best Buy, If not maybe a local Samsung kiosk. They can put your phone in download mode and upload the latest software and reset your phone. That's the easiest way.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It could be many different things but if you cannot do a hard reset you only probably have one option and it's hard to explain step by step. Do you have a local Best Buy, If not maybe a local Samsung kiosk. They can put your phone in download mode and upload the latest software and reset your phone. That's the easiest way.
I may just have to bring it in to ATT or do an insurance claim (which i really don't want to do) i picked up a prepaid to get me through for a bit.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I've had three Samsung phones in a row: Infuse to the S3 and now the S5. Really the only reason I have the S5 is because the S3 kept shutting itself down at random moments. There'd be no rhyme or reason and I couldn't have an unreliable phone encase I REALLY needed it. I'm pretty much used to how Samsung's work and the Android system. The battery life on the S5 is really impressive to me. It lasts all day, just make sure you don't have miscellaneous apps that drain it because they're running in the background.