What's new

New Pipes

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Let's just post up here when we get a new one and share a pic if we can find 'em.

Wednesday when I had my celebratory cigar I cruised down to one of the OVTCs in the area and picked up this Savinelli:

Then today, while at another OVTC with my Dad I picked up this Nording:

He decided on an economically priced La Rocca rusticated pipe that I can't find a picture for.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I like the unique wax drip affect on both ends of the Nording. :thumbsup:

One thing I'd like to pass along to you Todd ... and all the upcoming pipester here. It's something I learned well after I already had many, many pipes in my collection:

One excellent pipe is better than three good pipes.

Please note that you can find great pipes at almost any price point. But go slow ... learn what makes a quality pipe ... how to load and smoke different types of tobacco ... and how to clean and maintain your pipes. Doing this will help you make better choices in the longrun. Well made pipes can last a lifetime and beyond.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Thanks Ted. I think I have enough for a while now. It's bonus time right now, well almost a month late actually, so I tend to go nuts on "Me" purchases at these times. Going slow is a relative term for me because these quarterly bonuses are all 'I' get.

I'm very happy with the way both of these have been smoking so far. I have smoked one full bowl and three quarter/half bowls out of the Savinelli already and I like the feel and smokeability very much. Last night was my first smoke, a quarter to one third bowl, in the Nording and I am very pleased with that one.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Ok, so I bought the last of my bonus pipes today. Wednesday my Dad picked up a similar Nording and today I picked up this Karl Erik freehand at a tobacconists in Leesburg. I will use it for my aromatics that seem to burn very hot. It should work nicely.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yea that Nordig is Badass.... I will not start smoking pipes, I will not start smoking pipes....