What's new

New rolling room... now open! (finally)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been moving in a new home and haven't rolled a cigar in well over a month. Moving is difficult. However I thought I'd share my new space that just got painted and carpet.

A whole new world of music...
It's been six years since I've heard my stereo. When I finally hooked up the stereo last week my CD player died within minutes. My son opened my eyes to the world of computer music. Instead of getting another CD player we set out to hook up to the computer. Several streaming services like Pandora or Spotify offer streaming music but only one offered 'lossless' music at CD quality at 24 bit/192kHz which was 'Tidal'. If you listen to music through a set of head phones you probably won't notice the sound difference of the lesser expensive music service and wouldn't be worth the up grade. At first we connected through the RCA jack straight to the pre-amp. Sounded pretty good but the high definition was cleaner and more refined.

However, in order to get the full benefit of this high speed required the addition of a new external DAC (digital to analogue) converter capable of deciphering the signal is an important link.

The end result is my CD collection went from several hundred to 30 million titles. WOW! (Bliss, I even have Mondo Exotica volume one and two!)

The speakers... (proud of my babies)
Being a furniture maker I had a full workshop to my disposal so I thought it would be a perfect project to take on. Having done much research and talking to technicians at the ces shows in N.Y. I settled on a pair of speakers to copy called 'ProAc response three'. They were $6500 at the time I started. Having contacted the driver manufacturer directly in Denmark I was able to purchase the drivers and crossovers for MUCH less money. The rest was my labor building the cabinets. Many hours of work certainly paid off. The end result was years of satisfaction of fantastic sounding stereo system for many years to come. (The bottom end is handled by a Velodyne subwoofer).

rolling room 2.jpg

The rolling table. Just finished 4 cigars! Yea!

Rolling room.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been moving in a new home and haven't rolled a cigar in well over a month. Moving is difficult. However I thought I'd share my new space that just got painted and carpet.

A whole new world of music...
It's been six years since I've heard my stereo. When I finally hooked up the stereo last week my CD player died within minutes. My son opened my eyes to the world of computer music. Instead of getting another CD player we set out to hook up to the computer. Several streaming services like Pandora or Spotify offer streaming music but only one offered 'lossless' music at CD quality at 24 bit/192kHz which was 'Tidal'. If you listen to music through a set of head phones you probably won't notice the sound difference of the lesser expensive music service and wouldn't be worth the up grade. At first we connected through the RCA jack straight to the pre-amp. Sounded pretty good but the high definition was cleaner and more refined.

However, in order to get the full benefit of this high speed required the addition of a new external DAC (digital to analogue) converter capable of deciphering the signal is an important link.

The end result is my CD collection went from several hundred to 30 million titles. WOW! (Bliss, I even have Mondo Exotica volume one and two!)

The speakers... (proud of my babies)
Being a furniture maker I had a full workshop to my disposal so I thought it would be a perfect project to take on. Having done much research and talking to technicians at the ces shows in N.Y. I settled on a pair of speakers to copy called 'ProAc response three'. They were $6500 at the time I started. Having contacted the driver manufacturer directly in Denmark I was able to purchase the drivers and crossovers for MUCH less money. The rest was my labor building the cabinets. Many hours of work certainly paid off. The end result was years of satisfaction of fantastic sounding stereo system for many years to come. (The bottom end is handled by a Velodyne subwoofer).

View attachment 81349

The rolling table. Just finished 4 cigars! Yea!

View attachment 81350

Sweet set up. Something else we have in common. I am also into hi end audio and also nuile my own speakers(mostly open baffles) as well as tube amps. I even owned a pair of proacs back in the days of buying stuff before I started building.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
man, having the tower up on the desk right next to me would drive me crazy lol.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I promised to post pics of the cedar lined smoking porch. I spose this is as good a place as any. I was going ti make this right here my rolling place:

... right then our youngest grand daughter started coming over for Nana's daycare, so, you know, any well adjusted seven year old girl needs a craft table. So much for that idea.

But I did get a good smoking & reading spot:

Lined in cedar T&G 1x6, like so:

The ceiling:

The picture set into the wall is Blackwater Falls in Davis, West Virginia. Didn't cost that much to have it blown up 4' wide and mounted on poster foam. R2knee2 took this photo. Kinda makes the place.

Nothing elaborate; but I got hooch, smokes, books to read, and a place to set. Come on by.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I promised to post pics of the cedar lined smoking porch. I spose this is as good a place as any. I was going ti make this right here my rolling place:

... right then our youngest grand daughter started coming over for Nana's daycare, so, you know, any well adjusted seven year old girl needs a craft table. So much for that idea.

But I did get a good smoking & reading spot:

Lined in cedar T&G 1x6, like so:

The ceiling:

The picture set into the wall is Blackwater Falls in Davis, West Virginia. Didn't cost that much to have it blown up 4' wide and mounted on poster foam. R2knee2 took this photo. Kinda makes the place.

Nothing elaborate; but I got hooch, smokes, books to read, and a place to set. Come on by.
Really fabulous.