What's new

new smoker...first fuente.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just recently got into premium cigars (read less than two weeks) and I went into my local B&M this morning to take a look around the humi. I just wanted to check out prices and see what kind of stuff he had available, but I ended up asking for a recommendation. He asked me what size and what strength and I said something smaller than a churchill and medium strength. He pulled out a cigar that looked pretty nice, medium light in color and decent sized. Not being familiar with premium cigars, but knowledgeable of brand names, I recognized immediately that this was one the venerable Arturo Fuentes.
My life is forever changed. I can't get the flavour and experience of smoking my first fuente out of my head. I just bought $50 of cigars last night, but I think i'm gonna have to order some Fuentes soon.
The only thing is, I'm not really sure what kind it was. It was about $6 for the single and I would say a natural wrapper. Beyond that I don't know anything else, it had a regular shape, no pointy end or anything and was by far the most incredible thing I've ever smoked.
I look forward to more stories such as this one in my future.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
head over to the intro forum and tell us a little about yourself!

fuentes are a good cigar. any idea what you had??

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I just recently got into premium cigars (read less than two weeks) and I went into my local B&M this morning to take a look around the humi. I just wanted to check out prices and see what kind of stuff he had available, but I ended up asking for a recommendation. He asked me what size and what strength and I said something smaller than a churchill and medium strength. He pulled out a cigar that looked pretty nice, medium light in color and decent sized. Not being familiar with premium cigars, but knowledgeable of brand names, I recognized immediately that this was one the venerable Arturo Fuentes.
My life is forever changed. I can't get the flavour and experience of smoking my first fuente out of my head. I just bought $50 of cigars last night, but I think i'm gonna have to order some Fuentes soon.
The only thing is, I'm not really sure what kind it was. It was about $6 for the single and I would say a natural wrapper. Beyond that I don't know anything else, it had a regular shape, no pointy end or anything and was by far the most incredible thing I've ever smoked.
I look forward to more stories such as this one in my future.
:welcome:

Might have been an 858. was it a more squarish shaped rectangular box...instead of a flat one?