What's new

New Smoker

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone...I am joining this forum because I am not educated on cigars the way that I should be...I am a commercial real estate agent in Arkansas...I have only recently started smoking cigars...I ordered a few cigard that some friends recommended to me...I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me...

I have tried the Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Perfecto and loved it...

Any more suggestions?...

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Welcome to BOTL!

As far as cigars to try, my advice is to try as many as possible. The only person that can tell you what you like is you! So go to you local B&M and pick up some smokes that catch your eye and try them. I would suggest buying several of each kind that you try. It's good to make your judgement on a cigar after tasting a few of them.

Read, Read and read some more various posts about cigars here and you will learn alot!

Kevin

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
:welcome:

As for suggestions....everyone's palate is different. Try as many as you can to form your opinion on cigars. But.........

For N/C I am biased toward a Padron 2K, For CC I am biased towards Partagas Shorts.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0

I suggest finding the cigar store with the widest selection in your area and developing a solid relationship with them. I'd plan on going in every week or two and buying a couple sticks...and DO NOT buy the same stick twice! Be sure to note which ones you liked and which ones you didn't. A cigar log is nice, but not necessary. Just keep the bands and put them into two different piles: GOOD and BAD.

Rockys are a good start; the 92 is my favorite of his offerings.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Welcome. Check out the cigar reviews. They have been very helpful to me in trying new stuff. Also can't agree more on finding a good B&M. Let them guide you. Try La Perala Habana Black Pearl, the reg and the Rojo are nice.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
welcome to Botl!

My advice is like most - try many and see what you like. My daily "go to" cigars are the Padron Maduro's (I like the #3000's and churchills the best). There are many other cigars I enjoy also - depending on if I want a milder cigar or full bodied cigar. I keep getting different ones all the time and trying them out - that's a big part of the fun in this hobby.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0

I suggest finding the cigar store with the widest selection in your area and developing a solid relationship with them. I'd plan on going in every week or two and buying a couple sticks...and DO NOT buy the same stick twice! Be sure to note which ones you liked and which ones you didn't. A cigar log is nice, but not necessary. Just keep the bands and put them into two different piles: GOOD and BAD.

Rockys are a good start; the 92 is my favorite of his offerings.
Good post...also I thought about the Oliva classic. That was my first love.
You can find some good deals on the Gurkha Legend on Cbid. I personally
enjoy the Legend. It might not live up to the hype but it is indeed a very good cigar.