What's new

New Tatuaje Series P

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
Few questions about these:

Are these the only/correct current sizes?
Series P Short Robusto (4 1/2 x 52)
Series P Robusto (5 x 50)
Series P Toro (6 x 50) I heard the toro was going to be a 60 ring?

Are there any new sizes in the plans, specifically a chruchill?

The old cigar was: 60% medium and 40% long filler; Is that still the same?

And this filler is still Havana VI leaf?

Is the sumatra wrapper, the same yummy one from the Ambos Sumatra?

Thanks....

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
No plans on any other sizes for now. The three you have are correct. The toro is a 50 ring.

The filler is from all Tatuaje products in the factory and is still a 60/40 split.

Wrapper is same wrapper as Ambos Mundos Sumatra. Just a lower priming.

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Love the new P's, but you can really tell a difference between the scrap filler and the long filler in the Ambos. I smoke and enjoy them both, thanks for the update Pete! Any news on Saints and Sinners?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The P have been one of my reg smokes for awhile now, recently ran out of the orginal P's, glad to see them back on the shelves!

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
No plans on any other sizes for now. The three you have are correct. The toro is a 50 ring.

The filler is from all Tatuaje products in the factory and is still a 60/40 split.

Thanks for the info!
So it is not strictly Havana VI filler/binder? Could be from any of your lines?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Smoked a couple i purchased over the last week, Pete confirmed what I thought on the wrapper... To me the closest I could put the taste was a milder AM Sumatra, although it really doesn't taste like any other Tat specifically. At least to me... Pretty good smoke at the price, just ordered a box from Atlantic...(along with a few others) I have to admit, I didn't like the original blend, but I do like these.

Should be a good top down in the car or a walk the pooch smoke, you know something when you want a smoke but don't plan on sitting down and really smoking smoke!! (did that make any sense? lol)

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
To me this was still a good smoke for the price, but not as good as the old P's (didn't seem like the same "screaming deal" that they once were). They were missing that Havana VI spice that I love, and my toros got pretty acidic about halfway down.

Just wasn't the same .... :frownno:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me this was still a good smoke for the price, but not as good as the old P's (didn't seem like the same "screaming deal" that they once were). They were missing that Havana VI spice that I love, and my toros got pretty acidic about halfway down.

Just wasn't the same .... :frownno:
I've noticed on the threads on this smoke that the guys like me who didn't like the original blend seem to like this one, And the reverse of the guys who liked the original for the most part don't like this one...just sayin..... Don't recall having heard I really like both blends at all... At least not yet....

A few months in the humi probably won't hurt them either... Although to me fairly mellow smoke now especially for a Tat...

Smoking a AM Sumatra as I type this just to compare... now for the dough those are good smokes!

Jadawin

Drew Estate Cigars
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I just finished one of the Petite Robustos with the Sumatra wrapper and really enjoyed it! To me this was much better than the original series P. It had a ton of flavor, perfect construction and didnt smoke like a mixed filler cigar at all. Hard to beat for the price.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1
I just finished one of the Petite Robustos with the Sumatra wrapper and really enjoyed it! To me this was much better than the original series P. It had a ton of flavor, perfect construction and didnt smoke like a mixed filler cigar at all. Hard to beat for the price.
Good to hear.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
A box of the Robustos just got to my house today, looking forward to giving one a try.

Reeve11

crookedburn
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
agree with all of the above.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, my feelings exactly... Went to your sight, read a few reviews.. Seems we have similar tastes, guess I'll check in regularly....

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
IMO the Short Robusto burned better and the most flavor. Definitely well worth the price of admission. Kudos to Tatuaje.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I've noticed on the threads on this smoke that the guys like me who didn't like the original blend seem to like this one, And the reverse of the guys who liked the original for the most part don't like this one...just sayin..... Don't recall having heard I really like both blends at all... At least not yet....

A few months in the humi probably won't hurt them either... Although to me fairly mellow smoke now especially for a Tat...

Smoking a AM Sumatra as I type this just to compare... now for the dough those are good smokes!
interesting. I liked the first one ... lol. I'll definately give these a try, and you're absolutely right about the extra humi time I'm sure.

On that subject, have any of you smoked an Ambos Mundos from the original release period recently? They age really well :ccowboy:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting. I liked the first one ... lol. I'll definately give these a try, and you're absolutely right about the extra humi time I'm sure.

On that subject, have any of you smoked an Ambos Mundos from the original release period recently? They age really well :ccowboy:
I agree, bought several boxes and salted them away. Over the last few weeks I have pulled several and let them rest in my dry box. Every one of them had a nice sheen to them, burned nice and even - tasted great!

Have to say, there is a lot to be said about the quality imparted by storing good smokes in a temp/humi controlled wine frig. I have sticks in there that have taken on a nice, oily look and when smoked, just plain rock! Forget desktop wooden humidors, they just don"t produce the same effect.