What's new

New Tatuaje's coming out!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Just got off the phone with Marvin, great guy by the way, my order is all taken care of.

By the way, the first 100 boxes are gone!

When Pete was just selling his cigars out of a humidor, back in '02 or '03, Marvin helped him out and helped get him into RTDA.

He won't be signing the boxes the way Jose Agusto did the Pork Chops....the boxes are shrink wrapped for their trip back to the states (he said it will help keep them fresh).
Everything true except I didn't help him get into the RTDA. Pete's got way more connections than I could ever hope to have. Me and my buddy Bernie tagged along at the show with Pete in his first year of Tatuaje cigars. Humble guy that he is, Pete would often stop to chat with an acquaintance and pass out a sample of his cigar. He had a very low key, no pressure approach. He basically let the cigars speak for themselves. At that RTDA he actually kept his cigars in a humidor, with a price list on top, at the Atoll accessories booth. He didn't even have a sign!:smile:

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Everything true except I didn't help him get into the RTDA. Pete's got way more connections than I could ever hope to have. Me and my buddy Bernie tagged along at the show with Pete in his first year of Tatuaje cigars. Humble guy that he is, Pete would often stop to chat with an acquaintance and pass out a sample of his cigar. He had a very low key, no pressure approach. He basically let the cigars speak for themselves. At that RTDA he actually kept his cigars in a humidor, with a price list on top, at the Atoll accessories booth. He didn't even have a sign!:smile:
That is a cool story, thanks for sharing...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yes - USPS has my box here in Denver - should be at my door on Monday. Then the REALLY hard part is going to be letting them sit for a couple of weeks. Even wrapped in plastic, sitting in a Denver warehouse for a couple of days will dry out a raisin never mind some good cigars.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Yes - USPS has my box here in Denver - should be at my door on Monday. Then the REALLY hard part is going to be letting them sit for a couple of weeks. Even wrapped in plastic, sitting in a Denver warehouse for a couple of days will dry out a raisin never mind some good cigars.
I feel for you my brother but, we know the wait will be well worth it! :cbig:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It doesn't help that I have the paience of a 2yr old. Luckily my imatience is surpasses by relatve frugality - I hate throwing out a $10 cigar because I just couldn't wait. I once had a BRC that was so dry that it rolled off the ashtray and split wide open like a "pop-n-fresh" can of dough. I've learned.

Last edited:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
It appears that pretty darn near all of us that ordered "The Grail" will be receiving it on Monday....let's see who gives in first and smokes one!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Nope, I can shoot them, but I cannot smoke one, I have to let them sit in the vino and stabilize...

SUCKS!

~brooks
Now you know how hard that's gonna be....open that box and "just" take pictures of them....you have more will power than I do my friend!