What's new

New to BOTL from Texas!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Howdy! I love cigars. Always have. I started smoking cigars officially on my 18th birthday and when my birthday hits this year it will be 18 years of smoking. My love for it started with both the A team, Hannibal smoking and chewing on cigars, and my grandfather with a Muriel Coronella cigar always in his mouth. He made the mistake of offering my young self one thinking it would sour me on them and boy was he wrong. I went to my local B&M on my 18th birthday and still buy from him to this day. He is like a second father to me and we played a lot of golf and smoked a lot of cigars. I have a lifetime locker filled with goodies there. I have 3 humidors plus travel humidors and a new to me wineador I just repaired that I bought ‘broken’ for a steal (whynter Chc-251s) at $20 and $8 in parts (new TEC) I have smoked as many as 5 a day and have also gone months between smokes when a new medication they put me on caused me to have headaches when I smoked. I brought this love of cigars to my brother many years ago and we ride and smoke weekly. Lmao we light up and ride to another smoke shop an hour away to smoke there and then smoke some more riding back! I love going to new B&M’s and seeing what they have. I have never really bought any sticks online, always from a B&M. Here recently however I won a cigar oasis ultra for a good price and a cigar oasis plus and some other miscellaneous humidor accessories on a cigar auction site. So looking forward to that being shipped on Thursday. Also having a great experience with heartfelt beads since I got a pound. Just eager to get on here and hopefully contribute and definitely learn some new stuff! I will take some picture of my home stash and humidors tomorrow. I think I have maybe 200ish cigars floating around. I live in central Texas and it has been good weather to sit outside and smoke recently. Plan on lighting up in the morning and will get back on here. Thanks for reading this long post if you made it this far! Looking forward to chatting with everyone soon.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome from Missouri! I started smoking cigars when I turned 18 as well! Glad to have you here, there's lots of knowledgeable folks in here!

What are your current favorite smokes?

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Welcome from Southeastern Louisiana! What part of Texas are you in? I often travel to Houston to smoke with a friend there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome from South MS! Glad to have ya here!
Man I am so jealous of you living in south mississippi. I just came back from gulfport where my brother lives and I used to live. In 2007-2009 there was only epitome in the mall. And now you have the Cigar Shop. Man that place is awesome! I picked up several cigars I don’t have available at my local shops. A couple of Winston Churchill’s by Davidoff, Davidoff Nicaragua diadema, some Don Carlos sticks, Liga ratzilla, and a few others. I meant to go back and pick up some of the Padron 50th - not the family reserve but the newer one. I did drop by epitome and got a few opus X belicoso that I will be aging for a few years. I will be back that way before the end of the month I do believe.

Attachments

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Man I am so jealous of you living in south mississippi. I just came back from gulfport where my brother lives and I used to live. In 2007-2009 there was only epitome in the mall. And now you have the Cigar Shop. Man that place is awesome! I picked up several cigars I don’t have available at my local shops. A couple of Winston Churchill’s by Davidoff, Davidoff Nicaragua diadema, some Don Carlos sticks, Liga ratzilla, and a few others. I meant to go back and pick up some of the Padron 50th - not the family reserve but the newer one. I did drop by epitome and got a few opus X belicoso that I will be aging for a few years. I will be back that way before the end of the month I do believe.
Lol, i freaking love that place! Its pretty much the only b&m I go to now.. great selection, knowledgeable staff, and being a TAA, there's always some goodies I can only get there.. hard to get out without spending all my money! Lol
Shoot me a msg next time you make it over, we'll have to grab a smoke!